corbinam
Moderator
To recap some of our issues...Lexi has had multiple UTIs (I still think she has some sort of an issue), recurring diarrhea, and dilute (not concentrated) urine.
We went to a new vet today since I felt like a lot of our questions weren't answered (not to mention the prices were high and the customer service was not). Our new vet is a sheltie owner--so I appreciated that as well.
Anyways, I explained all of the above to her and she took a urine sample and again noted that her urine is dilute. So out of the last 3 urine samples taken, 2 of the 3 have been dilute. She's sending the urine off for a culture. There was also blood in her urine, but she had to get the urine directly from Lexi's bladder (so she had to stick her with a needle) so it could have been that, or it could have been from an infection/problem. We should have the results from that on Monday or Tuesday.
Also, the vet would like to bring her in and test her for Addison's disease. She was concerned that the aforementioned symptoms when added together could be Addison's. She said it's really rare (especially in a dog under 2 years old), but she wanted to rule it out.
Naturally, I'm worried. Good thoughts sent this way are appreciated!
We went to a new vet today since I felt like a lot of our questions weren't answered (not to mention the prices were high and the customer service was not). Our new vet is a sheltie owner--so I appreciated that as well.
Anyways, I explained all of the above to her and she took a urine sample and again noted that her urine is dilute. So out of the last 3 urine samples taken, 2 of the 3 have been dilute. She's sending the urine off for a culture. There was also blood in her urine, but she had to get the urine directly from Lexi's bladder (so she had to stick her with a needle) so it could have been that, or it could have been from an infection/problem. We should have the results from that on Monday or Tuesday.
Also, the vet would like to bring her in and test her for Addison's disease. She was concerned that the aforementioned symptoms when added together could be Addison's. She said it's really rare (especially in a dog under 2 years old), but she wanted to rule it out.
Naturally, I'm worried. Good thoughts sent this way are appreciated!