Addison's Disease

Glad that you opted for a second opinion,and lets all pray that the tests are negative.It does help that you now have a vet that is familiar with the breed.

Sending good thoughts~
 
I don't know if the further testing is eletrolytes, an ATCH test or both. Alot of vets do not run eletrolytes routinely with chemistry panels or have it in house. I always liked it with all routine chem panels for just such reasons.

Yes, she recommended an ATCH test.

Lexi really only has those few symptoms I mentioned. She doesn't seem lethargic, muscle weakness (or a great tan!), eating or weight issues. But, I think we'd be happy to confirm that that's not the issue.
 
I'm glad you've got a vet that is taking a fresh look at things for you and that you seem comfortable with. More good thoughts coming your way.
 
Sadie had severe reoccuring diarrhea and vomiting on and off over and extended period of time as well as a UTI so our vet tested her for addisons, just in case. The results were negative and hypoallergenic vet food eventually cured her problem

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Lexi is ok too.
 
Glad to hear you have a Vet that you like much better!! It makes ALL the difference in the world when we have a good repor with our Vets.

I'll be thinking about Lexi and praying for easy to treat and take care of results :yes:
 
Lexi went in this morning for the test for Addison's. I don't know how long she will be there. Apparently there are two tests. One is two hours and the other is eight and they don't know yet which they will do. Poor baby. She doesn't get to eat til they are done.
 
She did good--she's now a bit out of it. I didn't pick her up so of course my husband didn't ask all the good questions. But she's fine now--sleeping. Who knows if that's from the test or just being weirded out at being at a new place all morning. We'll have the results on Wednesday.
 
Back
Top