Sharon7
Moderator
It is with heavy heart I post about Brooke.
It’s been 3 months and Brooke has been doing so well. But we took her in to see the vet today because overnight she vomited and then was coughing and bringing up mucus for about an hour, I thought she had aspirated. Well the news is her lungs are clear and no metastases, but he did an abdominal ultrasound to see where we stand with the cancer, and the whole spleen is overtaken, plus a tumor on her liver. He said probably she only has weeks to go.
I’m so grateful we had this time and we made the most of it but we are gutted now. I love that dog, literally love at first sight from her photo. What a blessing she has been, and such a mama’s girl. These next few weeks will be hard.
The vet said there is no real spleen tissue to hold together; it's all tumor, so it looks like when it ruptures that will be it. Ironically the tummy issue seems to be gone, which is why we went in the first place. So our little fantasy that she would just keep on truckin' was shattered.
I'm crying buckets.
It’s been 3 months and Brooke has been doing so well. But we took her in to see the vet today because overnight she vomited and then was coughing and bringing up mucus for about an hour, I thought she had aspirated. Well the news is her lungs are clear and no metastases, but he did an abdominal ultrasound to see where we stand with the cancer, and the whole spleen is overtaken, plus a tumor on her liver. He said probably she only has weeks to go.
I’m so grateful we had this time and we made the most of it but we are gutted now. I love that dog, literally love at first sight from her photo. What a blessing she has been, and such a mama’s girl. These next few weeks will be hard.
The vet said there is no real spleen tissue to hold together; it's all tumor, so it looks like when it ruptures that will be it. Ironically the tummy issue seems to be gone, which is why we went in the first place. So our little fantasy that she would just keep on truckin' was shattered.
I'm crying buckets.

.