Brooke - not good news

So glad Brooke had a good day, Sharon. Every good day is precious! This is such a roller coaster time...even the good times are bitter sweet...but try to be in the moment and just enjoy every positive day as Brooke will do (easier said than done I know).
Sending hugs to you and your gentle Brooke. Trini
 
I'm so glad Brooke had a good day, Sharon! Thinking about you every day and sending positive vibes. Give Brooke a pat for us. :hugs
 
Sharon, I really feel for you! Brooke sounds a lot like Bitsy. Thank heavens for strollers and meds for pollen season! Enjoy every single minute and remember: Shelties live in the moment. Brooke isn't worrying about tomorrow; she's enjoying the gift of today.
Love,
Chris
 
I had my women's softball game last night, (have played for over 30 years), and while I was gone my hubby gave each of the dogs a smear of avocado in their bowls. He reported that Brooke cleaned hers up, then decided to join Faith in hers.... she's not typically pushy like that but I guess all the spoiling we've done has gone to her head.... :lol: luckily Faith was mostly finished and did not object to her granny horning in. My Brookie is such a character.

Coughed a lot in the night unfortunately, horrible wind with pollen everywhere, but she didn't vomit, and was eager for breakfast. She seems fine this morning and will go to Nosework class tonight. A classmate, whose previous dog also had this cancer, said the vet oncologist told her not to let her fear of the future destroy her todays. Which is what all of you have reminded me, as well. Thank you. :hugs I'm trying my best.
 
There are so many ups and downs...
Gavin was on my bed a lot last night, and did well for the first half of his walk this morning.
But what will stick with me was his less than willing last half of the walk.

But I need to remember him snuggling with me on the couch last night before bedtime :)
He is so sweet the way he puts his head on my left leg, so of course I need to remove the laptop that gets in the way!
 
Well she had a bleed last night, I'm sure. Her gums were pale. I gave her the emergency "rescue" dose of the Chinese meds. I got my stethoscope out and listened to her heart, it was going so fast, probably to compensate for the blood loss. As you lose volume in your circulatory system, your heart and breathing speed up to still get oxygen and blood to all the cells. We were so scared it was the end. She spent all night on the bed between us, I checked her constantly for signs of pain or real distress, but she managed to doze (unlike us). This morning at the crack of dawn she woke up and wanted off the bed. Seemed normal although definitely moving more slowly.

Ate most of her breakfast, but left some kibble which I hand-fed her. Gums still seems pale but not as bad. She has been following me around from room to room as usual, helped supervise making the bed, and gave me a thorough Brooke-special style face wash. So, WTH???

I feel whiplash. I started emotionally letting go of her last night and beginning mourning. Now she's OK again. It's hard to cope. Tears of relief this morning. My hunch is these episodes will continue now. :( :poop:
 
Back
Top