Club Practice: Do I do the DW?

I have briefly pondered at running contacts, am sure there are few key points for this training behavior. With Che I have never ever seen him jumping off, he just does not and because of his strides he hits them every time anyway. Of course we are not competing yet and who knows how much I will be able to do with him after this injury although he is young dog. With Leo I am foreseeing a problem as he is very bouncy and jumping off was his first natural inclination to do. Initially I was given advice in m club to " load" ends of the DW with treats but it was such a sheer luring... I did it twice and then switched to just setting criteria for full run no jumping off/ flying off reward. Am hoping it won't be a mistake. I really need that contact course to understand the mechanics:yes:
 
Back
Top