Deska has elbow surgery

So sorry Deska is having a tough time, I hope his ligament tear heals quickly. I do love his little Cardi though. I never cared what people though when I walked Gypsy in the stroller, it as actually entertaininng seeing people's faces as they drove by expecting a baby and saw all that grey hair of hers! :lol:

So happy for you that Calypso is now home safe. Try and get some rest for yourself Caro I am sure this is all stressful for you as well.
 
Deska had his stitches out yesterday and is now allowed to have short (5min)walks.

Poor boy was trembling so much at the vet his teeth were chattering. Now he has to go back for weekly pentosan shots and a specialist review in 6wks, plus weekly physio.

Despite his wobbly walk he actually managed to chase down a bicycle this morning. Naughty boy - and silly me for assuming if he's sore he won't try to run. He is exhausted now, he did 4 lots of 5mins with rests in the stroller in between or with me carrying him. But he really did want to walk. The specialist said its great wanting to walk (and run) as most dogs have to be pushed to walk at this point. But I figure he's been running on sore elbows for so long its probably no different to usual, except maybe a little chillier with no fur.
 
So happy to hear that your kitty has been found safe and sound. Deska is lucky to have you for a mom. It sounds like a long recovery process but headed in the right direction as long as he cooperates. Healing thoughts are sent your way.
 
I'm happy to hear that Deska has moved on to the next phase of recovery. I am sure he is happy for a change of pace and scenery.
 
Awe, poor boy, I feel so bad for all he's been through. So glad he's improving so quickly. Sounds like he'll be running around in no time!
 
Deska update

Got a lecture from the specialist today - when she says 6wks rest she means 6wks of doing nothing! I have been letting him do more walking, not that he can walk for long, and generally sniffing around. But worst of all I was closing up the dog club and let Deska out in the enclosed paddock to toilet, didn't realise there was still a car in the car park and he took off after it! So he has been more sore and he isn't allowed off lead even to toilet now.

He is driving nuts tho - I know he is bored, he's barking at everything, pawing me all the time and spinning incessently. The spinning he's not meant to be doing but how to stop a sheltie spinning.

And it's been almost 4 weeks and his fur has only grown a few millimetres, it's going to be a long time before it all grows back.
 
Got a lecture from the specialist today - when she says 6wks rest she means 6wks of doing nothing! I have been letting him do more walking, not that he can walk for long, and generally sniffing around. But worst of all I was closing up the dog club and let Deska out in the enclosed paddock to toilet, didn't realise there was still a car in the car park and he took off after it! So he has been more sore and he isn't allowed off lead even to toilet now.

He is driving nuts tho - I know he is bored, he's barking at everything, pawing me all the time and spinning incessently. The spinning he's not meant to be doing but how to stop a sheltie spinning.

And it's been almost 4 weeks and his fur has only grown a few millimetres, it's going to be a long time before it all grows back.
Poor Deska! My sheep is the opposite. He has not thrown my frisbee in a week :eek2: Hope you get lots of cookies and healed up.

Sca
 
Oh Caro. I have just read your thread all through and realise just hat torment you have been through. I'm so glad kitty is back with you, none the worse for her experience I hope. My strongest thoughts for Deska's speedy recovery. (It makes me realise how lucky I have been with Blue's accident and recovery. I am so grateful.)
 
Back
Top