Deska has elbow surgery

Here's the boy looking sexy in his cardi. He's quite happy with it on, plus it stops him licking his entire leg. Problem is he keeps licking his feet, so how do I stop that (without the cone).

He's still limping and unable to bend his left leg so it looks like he did tear the ligament, which is what the specialist thought. So he's back on crate rest. His joint is also clicking again which is a shame, I had hoped that would go away.

Good news - found kitty! Visiting a friend some streets away and heard a bell and quelle surprise it was Kalypso. She was down a drain in my friends front garden. No doubt she had gotten hopelessly lost in the drain system chasing a mouse. She was skittish toward me, but when she realised Deska was in the stroller - OMG she was ecstatic, cuddling, purring and headbutting him (not me who lifted the drain cover to let her out). So it's pretty obvious who kitty loves the best. Deska also did a lot of tail wagging so despite his tough boy exterior he was happy to see her.
 

Attachments

  • Deska in cardi.jpg
    Deska in cardi.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 24
Awww.. what a sweet relationship the two of them have! YAY you found kitty!!
Hope Deska's ligament heals quickly. Still sending healing vibes across the sea!
 
Can't help but notice that Deska won't look at the camera in his cardigan :lol:

I am so so glad that you found Kalypso--what wonderful news!
 
So glad to hear Kitty is home and happy again.

Poor Deska - you have to behave yourself. Mom (and all of us here) wants you to heal really quick.

How's Mom holding up anyway?
 
Yea, Kalypso kittie is home...prayers of thanks. Deska is rather "subdued" looking in the cardigan. There are soft collars that are thick and can help with the need to lick, but not as reliable IMO as the "cone". You could try booties that are used to protect dogs' feet from ice...but this may be too much for him...cardigan, booties, thick collar might just put him in a tailspin !! Maybe something he really loves to chew on (other than feet) would give him something to do ? We had clients bring in a dog -small mix- with a child's sleeper on the front legs, feet and all. The arms of the sleeper were tied around the dog's neck...worked for them.
 
I am just catching up on this thread,I am so sorry you have had such a time. I had surgery two weeks ago,so I am a bit behind.

Deska,all of us wish you a speedy recovery,sending big hugs to you. And so glad that kitty was found.
I hope you get some rest there girl! ((hugs)) :hugs
 
awww- poor Deska- doesn't want the other shelties to see him like that.
how great that you found Kalypso- and that she and Deska were happy to be reunited:yes:
 
What a great idea using the cardigan and putting the buttons on his back!

I am SO HAPPY you found your sweet kitty. And what a great relationship they have. That is so awesome!

I hope Deska heals quickly and all is well in your home again soon!
 
My theory is he doesn't like the flash of the camera atm - usually he shoves his nose in the camera no problem. He wags his tail when I put his cardi back on so I'm hoping that means he likes it on. It's pretty cold here but I feel a little silly pushing a dog in a cardi around in a stroller. I already have a reputation as the strange lady that takes her cat for a walk so I guess it just adds to the image.

We turned a corner yesterday. He hasn't been waking up in a fright or sleeping as much and he wants to get out of the stroller for short walks. He also started barking again - I had so hoped it wouldn't come back.

He is walking with a limp - I'm hoping its just the ligament tear. Still licking so I wrapped his feet up in a bandage again.
 
Back
Top