Deska has elbow surgery

Lexi had that same surgery at 16 months. It went well and she has had no more limping. She's 4 1/2 now. One recommendation follow the PT instructions. I was religious about it and I think it helped get the best possibe outcome.
 
Thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly. I hope this is the first step to a big improvement for Deska.
 
I'm so sorry Deska is stuck at the vet's until the surgery is finished; and that it had to be delayed. I'm sure it's stressful on everyone.

I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

Maybe you can call the vet and visit Deska tonight before they close for the day?
 
Sending thoughts and prayers that everything goes well for Deska today, Caro, and hugs to you while you wait. A tough day, indeed! Hope the surgery is successful and Deska is home soon.
 
Well he's out of surgery, but no news yet. They won't let me visit him as he is still groggy and he will be too confused when I don't take him home. The specialist will call this afternoon when he has woken up fully. So still waiting...and really finding this quiet house a bit daunting.
 
I got an update from the specialist. His elbows are much, much worse than she expected. She ended up doing both elbows and removed a quite large fragment from the right and lots of smaller fragments from the left, and while this will help his walking in the short term in the longer term the prognosis is not good. She was amazed with the level of activity his has been doing given the state of his elbows. What a brave, stoic little dog he is.

I'm meeting with the specialist tomorrow morning and will get a better idea of what else I can do. I've had my little cry and tomorrow I'll be bright and cheerful forr my boy. I hope I can bring him home, right now we both need aa big hug.

and to top it off my cat has gone missing. She went out last night and I haven't seen her since. She's not a wanderer and its been below freezing so I'm worried something has happened. I'm going to don my thermals and head back out again. I'm really hoping she's just gotten herself shut in someones garage and is not hurt.
 
Back
Top