Do You Talk to Your Dog?

I thought it was normal?

I talk so much to Caliber that I find it weird when other people don't talk to their dogs lol And I swear you can see the cranks in their heads turning...they MUST understand what you're saying!
 
I think the most embarassing thing about talking to your dogs in public is when you call them one of the silly 'pet' names you have - like I call Deska 'Bott Boy".

Mind you - I also talk to other people's dogs, and when I run into someone I know with a dog its always the dog that gets greeted first and asked how its day has been!
 
Best is when I'm at training and I'm saying to Cadbury,
"See what that dog is doing? That's what you've got to do, OK, you've got to do it just like that? Are you listening, at all?"
and in my head I do Cadbury's voice which goes something like,
"Isn't the sky nice and blue today. La, la, la, is she rabbiting something? Hey look! A LEAF!"
:lol:

Oh and his nickname, among others, is 'soggy chops', try saying that in public with a straight face :wink2:
 
Mind you - I also talk to other people's dogs, and when I run into someone I know with a dog its always the dog that gets greeted first and asked how its day has been!

always talk to the dog first :smile2:. what's the worst is when you meet someone at a dog event and then the next time you see them, you know the dog's name but not the person's name. oh well, they probably don't remember my name either............ :lol::lol:
 
Our late, great Bear the Big Red Dog had a social circle all his own. EVERYBODY talked to Bear! :winkgrin:
 
Are you kidding?? We hold discussions together!:biggrin2:
I wonder if she gets embarrassed though, "Mooom stop talking to me like that, all the other dogs are looking!"
 
Heck yes I do! I pretty much to talk to any animal I'm around. lol. They definitely liste, except maybe the cats... But Harvey always watches me when I talk, and he'll even reply with a bark or two. :)
 
Back
Top