Don't tell David....

You could also blame Bacca and Indy:

David dear, I have NO IDEA where this puppy came from. You know how active Bacca and Indy have been in the S.U.B.U. lately and it seems to me I heard murmurings of the teamsters wanting a bigger division of labour.......

Honestly David, I came home from work one day and there the little bugger was in Bacca's crate and the boys just looked at me like, "what, we wanted a pet? so we ordered one online........it arrived COD via FedEx Overnight.........WHAT? WE WANTED A PUPPY, BARB and YOU can't stop us":razz:

Darling David, I have no choice here, Bacca and Indy will go on strike if I send it back...............

Blame it on the boys!:lol::lol:
 
You could also blame Bacca and Indy:

David dear, I have NO IDEA where this puppy came from. You know how active Bacca and Indy have been in the S.U.B.U. lately and it seems to me I heard murmurings of the teamsters wanting a bigger division of labour.......

Honestly David, I came home from work one day and there the little bugger was in Bacca's crate and the boys just looked at me like, "what, we wanted a pet? so we ordered one online........it arrived COD via FedEx Overnight.........WHAT? WE WANTED A PUPPY, BARB and YOU can't stop us":razz:

Darling David, I have no choice here, Bacca and Indy will go on strike if I send it back...............

Blame it on the boys!

100% Believable!!! I would go with this one for sure...:yes::winkgrin:
 
Bacca's sister is 2 week away from knowing if she's "taken", and Bacca's other sister is going to be bred in another couple of weeks.

Maybe, just maybe, they might have another companion pet for me.....David doesn't know that I'm even thinking about it - so Shhh! What he doesn't know can't hurt him! And I can always dream in the meantime.

I so totally hear you! Sadie's sister is to be bred on her next heat, which we've been waiting for for almost a year! Apparently she's one of those dogs who only goes into heat once a year.

Boy, would we ever LOVE to add a pretty little bi-blue to our sheltie family! Only difference is that my husband is right up there on the fence beside me.

The only thing that has me thinking twice is that we would NOT look forward to another six months of potty training, especially when Ginny isn't even half way through yet! :rolleyes2:
 
I think you should get one no matter what! Shelties are like potato chips - you can't have just one! You've got a sable and a tri. If you got one what color would you want the new one to be?
 
Well, I'll try to help you, Barb. I had 3 shelties at one time, and I absolutely loved it. Then my foster daugher moved out and I had to give attention to all of them. Sometimes it was really fun. Othertimes, it was a pain. Two of the dogs became very attached and loved to play outside in my 5 acre lot. The other one was timid and always wanted to stay inside, so I felt sorry for him and would try to keep him entertained. When they were in the house sometimes they would play together and sometimes the timid one would hide.
The worst part was when it was time for petting--they all wanted to be petted at the same time. I did get pretty good at laying down on the bed, petting one with one hand and another with the other hand, and the last one with my foot (btw, that really strengthens the stomach muscles).

You need to spend more time, making sure that everyone gets attention, groomed, fed, and picked up after.

I think that I would probably be happiest with two shelties. Although, I have to agree that the desire for more shelties never goes away. I just think that I don't have enough time to care for three shelties, and have time for everything else in my life.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it makes you very happy!
 
Well, I'll try to help you, Barb. I had 3 shelties at one time, and I absolutely loved it. Then my foster daugher moved out and I had to give attention to all of them. Sometimes it was really fun. Othertimes, it was a pain. Two of the dogs became very attached and loved to play outside in my 5 acre lot. The other one was timid and always wanted to stay inside, so I felt sorry for him and would try to keep him entertained. When they were in the house sometimes they would play together and sometimes the timid one would hide.
The worst part was when it was time for petting--they all wanted to be petted at the same time. I did get pretty good at laying down on the bed, petting one with one hand and another with the other hand, and the last one with my foot (btw, that really strengthens the stomach muscles).

You need to spend more time, making sure that everyone gets attention, groomed, fed, and picked up after.

I think that I would probably be happiest with two shelties. Although, I have to agree that the desire for more shelties never goes away. I just think that I don't have enough time to care for three shelties, and have time for everything else in my life.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it makes you very happy!

Ah, finally a voice of reason! Thanks! I'll add this to the criteria for the big decision.
 
I think you should get one no matter what! Shelties are like potato chips - you can't have just one! You've got a sable and a tri. If you got one what color would you want the new one to be?

Well, I always said I wanted one of every colour, so I guess a merle would be next. However, if Penny had any pups available, I expect they would be sable. Tried and true!
 
voice of reason??? why listen to that?? I like Ron&Jan's plan and Aztec's plan too. if you're going for the rainbow- then you need either the merle or the biblack shades :winkgrin:
or sable CHW :biggrin2:
 
I met my first blue merle Sunday. Out of all the other six dogs (four shelties and two rescue collies) the blue merle was the calmest and the most easy going. I was very impressed. She had very nice coloring. I had saw her picture before I went, but seeing her in person gave me a better idea of her. I've heard that the coat is different on all the different colors. I didn't have the chance to pet her (I was petting the boy collie instead! :biggrin2:) so I still don't know if this is true or not.

Are you going for a boy or a girl? :smile2:
 
Are you going for a boy or a girl? :smile2:

Whoa! I've not even decided yet, and it may be that in the end, Penny won't have a companion pup for me (I'm not ready for show).

But, I think, even though I prefer boys, I would introduce a girl this time to mix up the dynamics this time. Of course, I would work with the breeder to make the right call based on pup's personality

(Ok, now its ME getting ahead of myself!) :rolleyes2::lol:
 
Back
Top