Ear's a little tip!

WOW 3.50 for a roll is cheap I order mine online at wicketsbymel. I think its like $8 or so...I havent ordered in about a year or so. I use unisolve or zoeze however the tape pretty much peels right off. I just use the remover for any residual stickeyness left in the ear after the tape cames out.

What is the differance between this tape,and something say like adhesive tape?
 
The name might not have been goo gone. :uhoh: I honestly don't remember.

I'll ask the pharmacy people about that tomorrow, if they get there before I leave work. I've been having to stay late, so I may or may not see them.

She has glue and tape in her ears. You apply the glue to the tape and then set it. It's really easy after you watch somebody else do it. But then again, it always look easy when somebody else is doing it. :lol:

Since Smudge's ears sat on top of his head and were prick, I think his would have been a breeze to do. I wish I would have made an attempt with his! I just did not like the look of Fluffy's Snoopy ears at all. Prick ears don't bother me so much, but I don't think her ears looked nice.

I really need to get a picture of her before I go to bed. Her ears are sitting on top of her head without the brace! :eek2: It's going to look nice when it's done! :biggrin2:
 
My tape is in my truck, otherwise I would take a picture of it. I'm not brave enough to battle 16 degree temperature. :lol:

I think it sticks much better than normal tape. All the sheltie sites that talk about ear tipping suggest it.
 
What is the differance between this tape,and something say like adhesive tape?

the ones pic on his website? They are just different types of tape. personally I prefer the Japanese tape I think it does a better job sticking and holding.

My tape is in my truck, otherwise I would take a picture of it. I'm not brave enough to battle 16 degree temperature. :lol:

I think it sticks much better than normal tape. All the sheltie sites that talk about ear tipping suggest it.

Wimp:razz::lol: I just came back from the car wash its 25 here :) thats a heat wave!!!
 
Quiet you! :lol: I have to question your sanity if you were washing your car in 25 degree weather. :eek2:

Thats the test of a True New Englander!! LOL There was actually a line there too...and its snowing...however I had to wash my car because there was soo much salt on it I couldnt get in it without getting flithy!! :rolleyes2:


Ok now back to the ear thread!!:smile2:
 
If you want easier adjustment using the tape, I bet you could glue the yarn between two pieces of the tape, and then just glue the tape in, and tie the ears up on top.
It takes the guess work out of how long to make the tape for between the ears
 
I buy Japanese tape by the case and I don't recall what Mel charged me, but it is somewhere around $90. I buy a case a year. I have used Zoe-eze for years. What I like about it, is it isn't greasy. I really don't believe in using glue on anything but hair to hair. You can do SOME REAL DAMAGE if you start glueing skin to skin. Mole skin it too heavy for me, and I don't like using starter fluid (to help the glue backing more sticky), some dogs are sensitive to it on their skin, and you don't know it until weeks later when you remove the mole skin. Over the years, I've seen all different ways to brace ears, and care of the skin on the inside of the ear is the most important thing......more important then perfect ears. So folks, please make sure who ever is giving you advice on bracing ears, that they have done it for a very long time. I've seen the skin on the inside fileted, when they tried to remove glue or moleskin
 
Last edited:
I buy Japanese tape by the case and I don't recall what Mel charged me, but it is somewhere around $90. I buy a case a year. I have used Zoe-eze for years. What I like about it, is it isn't greasy. I really don't believe in using glue on anything but hair to hair. You can do SOME REAL DAMAGE if you start glueing skin to skin. Mole skin it too heavy for me, and I don't like using starter fluid (to help the glue backing more sticky), some dogs are sensitive to it on their skin, and you don't know it until weeks later when you remove the mole skin. Over the years, I've seen all different ways to brace ears, and care of the skin on the inside of the ear is the most important thing......more important then perfect ears. So folks, please make sure who ever is giving you advice on bracing ears, that they have done it for a very long time. I've seen the skin on the inside fileted, when they tried to remove glue or moleskin


The actual glue is not touching the skin. :yes: If I tried it and wasn't sure I would just wait and take Fluffy back to Jeniffer to let her redo it. She said I could. Smudge needs a grooming soon anyway. :uhoh:
 
I've never used starter fluid for moleskin. I've always used hair extension glue. I figure if it's safe for our own heads, it's relatively safe for the shelties as well.
 
Back
Top