Favorite Song

Tabitha you don't type like you're old enough to remember Hee Haw but lordy those two songs were staples in our house!

Haha! Well no, but I grew up with Hee Haw. Along with Hank Williams Sr (the dogs also like his song "Howlin at the Moon":razz:), Buck Owens, Ray Price, Bob Wills, Patsy Cline, Hank Snow, and SO many more. But I like lots of different music. Like western swing, blue grass, a little bit of old rock and roll, and REAL county (I don't like the new stuff they play today), and not just 30s, 40s, and 50s. I also like 60s, 70s, and some of the 80s. You can imagine how hard it must be for me to find a good radio station.:lol:
 
I sing a song to Chauncey that I made up while brushing him. None of the animals here really go for my singing, it isn't good but I sing them all songs I make up for them.
I sing to frito bandito tune with these lyrics.

eye, yi yi yi
I love my chauncey
he's fluffy , he's furry, he's funny he's fine
he's loving, he's smart, he's kind and he's mine

eye yi yi yi
Chauncey is my sheltie
running and jumping, car rides and food
he loves these things when he's in the mood

and I just make up things and go on and on sometimes
 
But of course mine have songs! At least, two do.

Layla has "Layla Sable" to the tune of "Santa Baby." She also gets to play to "Laaaaambie, how I love you, how I love you, my dear old Lambie!"

Bitsy Boodle has "Doodlebug, Doodlebug" to the tune of the old TV western "Sugarfoot."

But I'm always massacring songs to turn them into Sheltie songs. :lol:
 
Ha, those are all great. My biggest contribution to honey's muscial life is me rapping...

"All good dogs go potty outside, Honey's a good dog so she potties outside, go, go...go potty, go, go go potty!"

created at around 1:30 in the morning, the third or fourth day I had her home, as I desperately attempted to get her to go to the bathroom outside so that I could put her in her crate and go to bed. Since than I've continued to sing it to her whenever she's being stubborn and distracted for her last trip outside for the night. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a complete loony.

Other than that Honey loves when I whistle under the boardwalk to her, it always gets me kisses.
 
But I'm always massacring songs to turn them into Sheltie songs. :lol:


YESS!! Haha my sister and mum are visiting and were only just teasing me this morning about this. Any catchy song that gets in my head usually gets turned into a Bonnie song! How Much is that Bonnie in the window, Don't you wish your doggy was cute like mine etc.

My old dog was Bowie and her nickname was snowy and I'd always sing her 'You are my sunshine, my only sunshine... please don't take my snowy away'.
 
Ha, those are all great. My biggest contribution to honey's muscial life is me rapping...

"All good dogs go potty outside, Honey's a good dog so she potties outside, go, go...go potty, go, go go potty!"

created at around 1:30 in the morning, the third or fourth day I had her home, as I desperately attempted to get her to go to the bathroom outside so that I could put her in her crate and go to bed. Since than I've continued to sing it to her whenever she's being stubborn and distracted for her last trip outside for the night. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a complete loony.

Other than that Honey loves when I whistle under the boardwalk to her, it always gets me kisses.

:yuckyuck:lol::biggrin2::lol: Greatest thing I've ever read! We are all loony together! :biggrin2:
 
I did a parody for my daughter's Schipperke, sung to the tune of "The Chimney Sweep Song" from Mary Poppins:

Schip schipperke, schip schipperke,
Schip Schip- er-kee,
A Schip is as naughty,
As naughty can be!
Schip schipperke, schip schipperke,
Schip Schip- er-koo,
Don't leave me alone,
Or I'll chew up your shoe.
Or poop on your carpet,
'Cause that's what I do!
 
I did a parody for my daughter's Schipperke, sung to the tune of "The Chimney Sweep Song" from Mary Poppins:

Schip schipperke, schip schipperke,
Schip Schip- er-kee,
A Schip is as naughty,
As naughty can be!
Schip schipperke, schip schipperke,
Schip Schip- er-koo,
Don't leave me alone,
Or I'll chew up your shoe.
Or poop on your carpet,
'Cause that's what I do!

:yuckyuck One of the best yet!!
 
This is an old old thread, but a recent change in Honey's toy preference had me massacring a new song and brought it to mind.

Soooo...speaking of songs we like to sing to our dogs--

"Because you know I'm all about that ball,
'Bout that ball, no loafing
I'm all 'bout that ball, 'bout that ball, no loafing
I'm all 'bout that ball, 'bout that ball, no loafing

Yeah it's pretty clear, I ain't catching it
But I can chase it, chase it like I'm supposed to do
'Cause its got that bounce bounce that all the dogs chase
And I like to chase it all over the place

Because you know I'm all about that ball,
'Bout that ball, no loafing
I'm all 'bout that ball, 'bout that ball, no loafing
I'm all 'bout that ball, 'bout that ball, no loafing
 
Back
Top