Favorite Song

a league of our own

I cracked up with the posts on this thread. I sing to my woofs...and there are times they try my patience so I definitely belt out tunes with reconstructed lyrics to abate my displeasure. With puppies doing not so great stuff ya gotta defuse and lighten up the situation, ya know? My neighbors think I am a looney tune, but I agree, when you are on potty patrol in the wee hrs singing a ditty helps. I love to sing their names in jingles or goofy nonsense songs, because the cute head tilting happens-like what in the world mom, are you trying to butcher my name, so far this is the one the like best..see what ya think...

a little ditty 'bout Kaleigh and Savan
two sheltie pups growin' up on mountain land
Kaleigh's bound to be a herding star
Savannah's biting her tail, so she doesn't get far

Teething on lambs ears in the Colorado breeze
mama let's us get away with whatever we please
as long as she don't know
we'll be plotting another go

oh yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of chewies are gone,
oh yeah life goes on, can't wait til we can wade in our pond

little ditty about Kaleigh & Savan
two lil puppies chewing everything they can....
 
oh yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of chewies are gone,

Ah! that is a great adaptation overall, but, I really really love the above line! I'm glad I'm not the only one singing to my sheltie in the wee hours of the morning. :lol:
 
Who let the dogs out. Woof. Woof. Woof.

Twist and bark. Shake it up, baby now. We all twist, dance and jump around.

I just recite the first lines of Annabelle Lee to Annabelle.

Kinda boring compared to some of these, but they are special to us.
 
Twist and shout is the perfect song to adapt to the puppies! I can definitely see teasing Honey with it when she's barking up the trees for the squirrels.
 
Even though I really don't like the song, I have been changing up "All About That Bass" to sing to Emmy.

You know I'm all about that Sheltie,
'bout that Sheltie,
No collie...
 
how did that ever get published????

Who let the dogs out. Woof. Woof. Woof.

Twist and bark. Shake it up, baby now. We all twist, dance and jump around.

I just recite the first lines of Annabelle Lee to Annabelle.

Kinda boring compared to some of these, but they are special to us.

I have always wondered how that song, who let the dogs out ever made it on the radio...

also I love Ferris Bueller singing Shake it Up baby...I also thought Matthew Broderick should have made Ferris Bueller II-him becoming a senator and faking out the president...Abe Fromeyer could be a lobbyist
 
Casey ALWAYS barks his head off for Who Let the Dogs Out. He basis in time to the Woofs. When my stepson was in baseball, and our dogs were allowed at the games, they would play Dogs Out so Casey could bark. Casey also barked for each kid that came home.

And I forgot this one. I sing My Girl to my girls.
 
Back
Top