fencing?

I hate my fence. Wasn't my idea.

One side is 4 foot chain link, ancient. One side is the chicken wire (like OP has), but my a**hole brown dog has pulled and chewed big holes in it, it needs to be replaced with a privacy fence, but people keep telling me I can't dig holes because I am a girl. :( The other two sides are PVC picket. Sounds great, it's not. The used the kind of pickets that attach to the front of the supports, not that go through the supports, because my landlord had to have scalloped picket. Several times have we had the pickets pop off the cheesy plastic pins holding them on. I have had the fence company out once to "fix" the fence, which meant taking off ALL the pickets and resetting them with the pins upside down (i.e. installing it wrong). That has held for the past year. It is a zero maintenance fence, though. No cleaning, scrubbing, painting, nothing. Which is good, because my landlord and I are both lazy (or selectively motivated :smile2:)

If I had unlimited funds, I would have a 5 foot tall PVC privacy fence.

Oh, and make sure you get the magnetic gate latches, they are awesome!
 
I've seen it done at the 4' height, and I had been told that shelties have been known to spring off the top rail and over. I don't know what I am going to do yet, but I just can't do a 5' fence. It would look like I holding back baby gorillas.


Baby gorillas............you crack me up!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
YOUCH!

I also veto runs...that is what I used when I had only Indy....right up to the day he slipped out of his collar on the run, herded a truck and 'caught' it in the summer of 2000.

.

When I said Dog Run, I really meant pretty much what you set up, Janet (a smaller contained area). Not the pup on a lead.....
 
Back
Top