Greyson is in the hospital

I wanted to add my thoughts for Greyson. I hope that a night in the hospital makes a world of difference and that he is himself again soon.

I know how frustrating high vet bills can be (we recently had to spend $1500 for emergency surgery for our dog, and that was with me out of work). CareCredit is a great option, and some vets will even work with you on a payment plan.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about Greyson. I do hope he improves quickly. There are some local vets around here who would work with you that I know. If you need more information, PM me and I'll try to help.

Sending prayers and pats for your boy!
 
I sure hope Grayson is better by now and we can all understand about the vet bills. The insurance idea is a good one. We will keep you and Grayson in our thoughts and prayers.
 
I wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. Greyson has been doing well in the hospital. He has not vomited since he was admitted and has been eating. I'm not sure if he has been drinking water but he is on IV fluids so he may not want water. They said he is acting normal and perky. They may send him home today or tomorrow and will redraw the bloodwork on Saturday. I am at work for 12 hours today but Derek will go see him this afternoon if he isn't coming home today. I am taking the day of tomorrow so he won't have to be alone. He is usually only ever home alone for about 2 hours at a time since I usually work nights an Derek works days, but the timing is bad right now as I am training on a specialized unit on the day shift for 3 weeks :/


I am typing this from my phone so sorry if there are mistakes! I barely slept at all last night, I was worried sick. I kept thinking I could hear him walking around in our bedroom :( I am still so confused about why this happened, I don't think he ate a mushroom. I have a bad feeling that this was caused by the bronchitis medications, but I doubt we will ever know. I just want to prevent this from ever happening again and I don't know how.
 
Glad to hear he is doing better!

You will probably never know what caused the acute liver problems :(
But at least now you know the signs to look for and can take early action.

Ask the vet about doing sub-cutaneous fluids at home.
it's relatively easy, cheap, and painless for the dog. It would probably ease the recovery for greyson :D
 
Thanks for the update!

I am so happy he is doing better :)!

Sending you more positive thoughts for a full recovery and no repeat episode.
 
So happy he is doing better and hope he continues on this path. Praying he'll be by your side this evening. You may want to ask the Vet if you can give him Milk Thistle.
 
Back
Top