Happy Birthday Piper!

Piper's mom

Moderator
I’m a bad bad dog owner…..I got a text this morning from our breeder wishing Piper a happy birthday. I had totally forgotten! I think because our weather has been so bad and cold that it still feels like March here (we are currently experiencing a snow storm with a Colorado Low parked above us) it just slipped my mind…poor Piper!
Piper is 8 years old…where has the time gone? Piper is the bestest little dog ever…he was a great obedience dog (until Covid hit and then my broken arm) 71FC195A-70F9-4FFA-9FFD-12786202197A.jpeg and once Riley passed he took over the reins of being the bossiest dog in my household (although Blueberry does try to push him out of that role). He’s never been the most cuddly dog but that’s changing as he ages…just last night he lay beside me for a good 30 minutes until he thankfully moved (I was literally at the edge of the bed but I wouldn’t ask him to move haha). He reacts to anything electrical (kitchen appliances) and will bark loudly (demanding) for breakfast but is also the sweetest most loveable boy who will put his head on my shoulder when I pick him up (his version of a hug).
Love this boy!
Fortunately as I told Margi dogs don’t know it’s their birthday haha so he’s not offended! He’ll get a special birthday dinner later (I also have to work today so no pictures) and maybe this weekend I’ll take him out to some of his special stores he likes to visit. He’s doesn’t care for toys so no point buying him any but he is a typical Sheltie who loves food so I’ll probably buy him some treats.
 
8 years old is the perfect age!!!
Old enough to behave like the perfect sheltie, but young enough to still love walks and playtime!
I love the head on the shoulders, that's what Gavin did. everyone always thought it looked so adorable (they had a better view LOL).

Happy Birthday Piper!

(I always preferred to mark the day Gavin came home and became mine....the Saturday of President's Day Weekend 2006)
 
8 years old is the perfect age!!!
Old enough to behave like the perfect sheltie, but young enough to still love walks and playtime!
I love the head on the shoulders, that's what Gavin did. everyone always thought it looked so adorable (they had a better view LOL).

Happy Birthday Piper!

(I always preferred to mark the day Gavin came home and became mine....the Saturday of President's Day Weekend 2006)
I remember the day he was born…Easter Sunday and I refused to go out for Easter brunch because I was waiting for the email from the breeder that the pups were born…this was the day she told me they were due, I know now that doesn’t mean anything lol! I didn’t have a data plan so I didn’t want to go out and was on pins and needles!
For an 8 year old dog he doesn’t act like it. Still runs around chasing Blueberry and spins like a crazy dog!
 
Back
Top