Happy is under the weather

I hope the vet can figure out what's wrong with him and find a quick and easy resolution.

I also immediately thought of a UTI. Bailey sometimes had loose stool when her UTI's were bad.

Feel better Happy!
 
well, we are back from the vets- still not sure what's up. He had his annual in March- full senior panel, etc. He has lost almost 8 lb in four months- I think he's a little too skinny right now. the vet is concerned about the weight loss as well as his other issues. not too sure that it's something he picked up at the petsitter- the other two were there also and are fine. plus, he's been there a lot- playdates and other boarding visits.
so we took blood to repeat the panel done in March to see if there are any changes. pee was caught 'cause Happy is a good pee-er at the vets- gotta mark all the bushes outside. temp was totally normal. the vet also took x-rays- said Happy is a great patient and couldn't have gotten better pictures if he had been knocked out. nothing jumped out except for a slight curve in trachea/esophagus. he's going to send the pix to vet school for second opinion.
so now we have to wait for results.
he did eat breakfast this morning with great appetite and also ate dinner. and plenty of treats at the vet's office.
so still worried........
 
Thank you for the update.

Weight loss of 8 lbs is a biggy in my book.

I am hoping that Happy is back up and feeling great soon.

Keep us posted
 
Awww! Poor Happy. :cry: I guess the sheltie weekend rule can apply to other breeds as well. I guess I missed where you said what kind of dog Happy was? :confused2:

The only thing worse than a sick dog is having a sick dog with an unknown problem!
 
Aw poor Happy. The weight loos is concerning. I hope blood doesn't fine anything too seriuos and he is back tp his normal self soon. I have a soft spot for him since he looks like a larger version of my Jazz.
 
Hey Smudge,
Happy is a beagle mix- didn't mention it here because it's in other posts.

just heard from the vet- all tests were normal- perfectly middle of the range for everything in the blood and urine. nothing bad in the urine- not even crystals which he has had before.
Xrays are on the way for second opinion.
we have increased his kibble amount- try and put a few pounds back but I'm still concerned about the whole picture :(
 
It can be so incredibly frustrating and relieveing at the same time when every test that is given comes back normal :(. It's like, "well what the hell is wrong then" :confused2:.

Here's hoping and praying Happy gets better sooner then later! TY for the updates..
 
Back
Top