Happy is under the weather

Calliesmom

Moderator
so while you wouldn't have known from my continued presence on the forums- but I was out of town for work from the 14th to the 24th. Dogs went to the petsitter- regular place that they stay when I travel and they can't come. I pick them up Sat afternoon and the petsitter tells me that Happy had pee problems overnight in his crate 3x. now Happy has had pee issues for a while and is on meds for it. but he usually goes in his crate while I'm at work and is great overnight so that was a little concerning. so last night after we had all eaten, the pups were doing their things and Happy went to the bedroom- I think he tries to hide from Cranberry there. anyway, I passed by the bed that he had been laying in and he had peed in it- while I was home- like 2 feet away. He has always asked to go out if I'm home to open the door for him. so into the laundry room with the bed. so in the mornings, he is usually the first one down the hall as the shelties are more polite and wait for me. but this morning, both sheltie came and went outside and Happy was still in the bedroom- I had to convince him to come with me and go outside. He ate breakfast when he came in, drank some water- seemed ok. came home, he was actually wet when I let him out of the crate- I put them all outside- after he drank most of the water in the 2 bowls. Then I had to clean the crate- pee, poo and maybe some vomit- was clear and sticky - didn't soak into the paper towels- had to scoop it out.
then, I got their dinners ready and he did not finish. I had already made a vet appointment this afternoon but I'm a little worried now. Both the shelties seem fine so not sure what's going on here.
 
Sorry to hear that Happy is not well. Hoping that the vet finds a simple and quick solution so that he feels better soon.
 
I am wondering if maybe he has a UTI. They are painful, and make the dogs very sick. Did you take his temperature?

I am glad to hear that he is going to see the vet tomorrow.

Please keep us posted on his condition, and I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Danielle
 
Well, I hope you find out what's going on with Happy quickly and that he is on the mend in no time.

It's so frustrating that they can't tell us what's going on. Poor little guy.
 
My little sheltie, True, has had her fair share of UTI's. There have been times when I had to take her out every hour. During one episode, she did vomit. Hopefully, the vet can find a quick fix for you and your sheltie!!!
 
Gypsy has suffered from many uti's and at age 2 started as I call it wetting her pants while just laying there. Diagnosed with incontinence. I can't remember her ever having any poo problems with her uti's but she has vomited while having them but I thought it was more a reaction to the medication. I know this doesn't help you any.
While you were gone was it a sitter that watched them in her home or is it a kennel type situation. If it's a home situation did you ask her if anything is different in her home from when she usually watches them? New animals,people?
Maybe a new situation could have caused him alot of stress and stress can cause,vomiting,diarrhea and spasms of the bladder. I hope the vet can help you
get to the bottom of this tomorrow and your baby is feeling better soon.
 
So sorry Happy isn't feeling well! It's just awful when our furbabes get sick cause they can't tell us exactly where it hurts.

Please keep the forum updated and looking forward to hearing some good news real soon..:wink2:
 
It does sound like something is going on with Happy. I wonder if he picked something up while at the sitter's. Glad he is seeing the vet. I hope that will iron it out quickly and get him back to being ... Happy!
 
Back
Top