Help!! New puppy fear biting & barking

Hey, I'm late to the party, but I'm glad your puppy is doing better.

Do you have any pictures of him? :wink2:
 
not yet

Hey, I'm late to the party, but I'm glad your puppy is doing better.

Do you have any pictures of him? :wink2:

thanks for asking.

no- not yet.

I am waiting until I can get a picture of him outside his cage/pen.
He is doing much better -no biting lately -lots of nose & butt sniffing going on when I take him out on his leash with other dogs.
It almost seems like the other members of the pack know they are scaring the pup & are trying to keep the barking to a minimum.

(maybe we've done something right after all ;-)
 
Another Milestone!

thanks for asking.

no- not yet.

I am waiting until I can get a picture of him outside his cage/pen.
He is doing much better -no biting lately -lots of nose & butt sniffing going on when I take him out on his leash with other dogs.
It almost seems like the other members of the pack know they are scaring the pup & are trying to keep the barking to a minimum.

(maybe we've done something right after all ;-)

Well.

Much to our surprise; Jack the puppy, pestered Joy, our Alpha dog, into -not an attack, as has been happening until now- but a half hour of robust play!

We figure once Joy (a hard taskmaster and not prone to play -or being very nice to the other dogs for that matter) has accepted Jack to the point of playing with him, things are going to be much better from now on in our pack

oh -and here's a pic of Jack with Gage -his new best friend.

http://pookies.shutterfly.com/26


hurrah!

scottanddeb
 
Sounds like he needed to figure his place in the pack and establish ownership of his sheep (you) and now has settled down. Sca still gets a bit of "I will herd you!" if I go away for a couple of days but just stopping walking when he tries usually resets him. Oh and I love Jacks color, of course he would not be anywhere near that white here.... more of a red tint :lol:
 
Jack

I thought you might like a picture of a more grown up & settled Jack. He's allowed to roam out in the fenced in yard with the other dogs -he's having a blast -We think he realizes that he has finally found his "forever' home.
 
He's come a LOOOOONG way -up until about a month ago he was restricted to his pen -still very skittish -but his sparkling personality is starting to show .
 
Back
Top