Wow! I think that all sounds great! I was just thinking of a email list w/ names and locations so that when there is a dog in need we could look at the list and see who is closest. Email them and see if they are willing to pick up the dog. But, if we are going to transport a dog to another part of the country then it's going to be a lot more complicated. Hmmmm. Let's start a thread.
The rescue I foster for does everything through Facebook. It works really well because they can reach so many people at once. They post a picture of the dog and people can respond, comment or share. An actual email and application process is required to foster/adopt. Not sure if that could work for us since the dogs and volunteers are scattered over the country. But, it's something to consider.
The rescue I foster for does everything through Facebook. It works really well because they can reach so many people at once. They post a picture of the dog and people can respond, comment or share. An actual email and application process is required to foster/adopt. Not sure if that could work for us since the dogs and volunteers are scattered over the country. But, it's something to consider.