Jess041
Forums Enthusiast
... they need to go outside? I'm just curious how many people out there use bells or other noise making devices, or if their dog scratches on the door, or something else. I bought a bell, hung it on a little hook next to the door and Missy picked up on it, but then I didn't really enforce it so she doesn't ring the bell anymore.
I'm pretty good about taking Missy out on a regular basis, so she's rarely in a position where she needs to ask to go out. Her oh so clever way of letting me know is to let out a little bark and she'll stand by the door. It's a special, "I need to go!" bark, that sounds like "rrrrruph!" Like I said, I'm pretty good about taking her out maybe every 2-3 hours. On Saturday, I got really focused on working on our club website after flyball practice (where she drank a lot of water), and poor Missy had to alert me that she needed to go outside. I felt a little bad.. but hey, at least I didn't ignore the bark! Also, she doesn't take advantage of me and ask to go outside just to go outside.. thank goodness.
I'm pretty good about taking Missy out on a regular basis, so she's rarely in a position where she needs to ask to go out. Her oh so clever way of letting me know is to let out a little bark and she'll stand by the door. It's a special, "I need to go!" bark, that sounds like "rrrrruph!" Like I said, I'm pretty good about taking her out maybe every 2-3 hours. On Saturday, I got really focused on working on our club website after flyball practice (where she drank a lot of water), and poor Missy had to alert me that she needed to go outside. I felt a little bad.. but hey, at least I didn't ignore the bark! Also, she doesn't take advantage of me and ask to go outside just to go outside.. thank goodness.
