Inappropriate Ads On SF

HopeShelties

Forums Enthusiast
Not sure if this is where to go with this, but is there any control sheltie forums has over the ads displayed? I am now getting an Asian dating site pretty regularly for a site called asian beauties Any way to prevent this from being an ad on sf in the future? I really don't think an Asian dating site is a stable ad for a dog forum? It shouldn't be based on what I'm viewing as I have no interest in anything that should pull up that type of ad and because I am opted out of the custom ad program based on web surfing habits.
 
Google tailors ads based on a specific user's internet history. :hide The ads you see are not necessarily the same that others will see.

For example, recently I was looking at custom jewelry, so I've been seeing ads for jewelers appear on the forums. Also, ads will appear based on what the topic being displayed on the page you are viewing. (I'm going to edit your post to remove the .com address, since that will only encourage more ads like it.)

If you don't usually visit dating sites, I'd run check on your computer and a thorough virus scan if I were you! :biggrin2:
 
There is also the content of the section probably. For instance Kelly's response might make most people see dating sites now. Just a guess
 
Don't doubt Kelly though. I surf Amazon more than I should for books and got an add for them up now. I also am a bit to the right of most here and have a Romney add at the bottom. And this weekend at Flyball we are going to Nashville which gets :ick on RV access from Team S so we are staying at LaQuinta which had an add on the previous page :lol:

As to the dating service they might associate you with being single for some reason and thus you get the shotgun of dating services looking to fix that :pop
 
I have been wanting to post as well,about some strange things that are even popping up to the lower right of pages & threads I read.

The thing just slides out from the right lower corner,and it won't go away,even licking the "X" to escape. I have had times it even expands itself,and takes up 3/4 of the page,and you cannot get rid of it,unless you refreash.

Daily I get a long black banner that will run across the top of the page,that says " potentially harmful adds have been hidden or blocked" And it gives you the option to "see all ads"...I really ignore that black banner as it does not hamper my looking & reading. But this other thing is quite annoying that slides out from lower right of my screen.

I also am having the same things you both have typed about. I visited a site to send a "free fax"..and now for 2 days that is being generated on my page when I open any thread..its' there.
 
Members with a premium membership get less ads.

If you want fewer ads, you may want to bite the bullet and get a premium membership.

I do believe that with the premium membership you only get a rectangular banner at the top and bottom of the page.
 
The thing just slides out from the right lower corner,and it won't go away,even licking the "X" to escape. I have had times it even expands itself,and takes up 3/4 of the page,and you cannot get rid of it,unless you refreash.

Daily I get a long black banner that will run across the top of the page,that says " potentially harmful adds have been hidden or blocked" And it gives you the option to "see all ads"...I really ignore that black banner as it does not hamper my looking & reading. But this other thing is quite annoying that slides out from lower right of my screen.

I also am having the same things you both have typed about. I visited a site to send a "free fax"..and now for 2 days that is being generated on my page when I open any thread..its' there.

I do not run ads that slide out and have never had one appear on any of my computers. Most of these issues are based on your computer settings and virus protection settings. Sorry I can't help with that part of it.
 
Back
Top