Thanks!

We make some steps forward, and make some steps back.
It seems any time I put him in his cage for any length of time (I babysat for a woman for an hour and a half yesterday), he regresses and is scared when I first let him back out. He'll get over it, but it just is a short slide backwards.
He likes his walks. I can get him to wag his tail and bound around, he wants to run and zoom around, this is different than the times he would try to run just because he was scared. It's nice to see the change starting.
He's absolutely terrified of my dad. I guess I figured it would happen, since dad isn't around as much as me or mom. He's less terrified of mom, but still scared.
He's also started playing more as he gets more confident in my room. Last night he bounced around my room, playing with his little squeaky giraffe toy, tossing it in the air and pouncing on it. He also grabbed the rope toy I bought for him and brought it and his chewy on the bed. In addition to the play, he also is exploring more.
Last night, I found out my little pup is a bandit in disguise. I had $10 in 1 dollar bills on the coffee table, and he gently reaches up and steals it off the coffee table. He's got a thing for money, because he did it again when I went to the bathroom, and he apparently had a plan to tear it up. He's a little thief!

We now know to keep money out of his path.