Introducing a very Shy Puppy into A New Home?

OMG, I'm so sorry! I hope that he is found safe and sound. It sounded like you were making such great progress with him. I will keep you and him in my thoughts!
 
I am so sorry to read this!

There are several members on this board that have experience searching for, and finding missing shelties.

I know one of their recommendations is to get a Have a Heart trap (can borrow from an SPCA, normally) and put regular KFC chicken in it.

I hope he comes home soon!
 
OMG! I was reading the thread from the start and starting to think of all the clever little tips I can provide you to get Monet used to you and his new home....and then I got to the end and just about fell off my chair!

Please keep us posted on progress. There are a number of threads on "lost dogs" which might help you in your search.

Take heart! These pups are incredibly resilient. They can survive amazing amounts of time and weather conditions.
 
Thanks so much guys! I know, it feels so unreal. I go between crying like crazy and just feeling numb. It really hits home that we cannot go to puppy class... Because I have to find my puppy first. I want my puppy back. :(

I worry because he was underweight already, so he doesn't have a lot of weight to lose. I have been reading furiously on the missing forum. We are networking like crazy, trying to put out a net to find him. I got a call off my flyer, but it was for a dog that they saw a week ago. :( It's cold, nasty, and wet, and I just know he's probably miserable out there.
 
Thanks so much guys! I know, it feels so unreal. I go between crying like crazy and just feeling numb. It really hits home that we cannot go to puppy class... Because I have to find my puppy first. I want my puppy back. :(

I worry because he was underweight already, so he doesn't have a lot of weight to lose. I have been reading furiously on the missing forum. We are networking like crazy, trying to put out a net to find him. I got a call off my flyer, but it was for a dog that they saw a week ago. :( It's cold, nasty, and wet, and I just know he's probably miserable out there.

Oh no!

Please start a thread in the missing shelties section of the forum! Be sure to include a picture. If you aren't a premium member Kelly has an e-mail address for you to send a picture too.
 
I did put a post up in there, just waiting for it to be approved. :)

Just this morning he was snuggling with me on the bed while we watched TV. I can't believe he's not here right now. I'm going to canvas the vets offices tomorrow, and call the other local humane societies.
 
I did put a post up in there, just waiting for it to be approved. :)

Just this morning he was snuggling with me on the bed while we watched TV. I can't believe he's not here right now. I'm going to canvas the vets offices tomorrow, and call the other local humane societies.

OK, great. Hopefully Kelly will see it and approve it soon.
 
OMG! I was reading the thread from the start and starting to think of all the clever little tips I can provide you to get Monet used to you and his new home....and then I got to the end and just about fell off my chair!

Please keep us posted on progress. There are a number of threads on "lost dogs" which might help you in your search.

Take heart! These pups are incredibly resilient. They can survive amazing amounts of time and weather conditions.

Now that all the stress is over, I would love to hear your suggestions Barb!

I feel like we made a huge breakthrough now that he's home. His attitude is completely different. Slowly, bit by bit, the fear is dissolving. I know we still have a long way to go, but I am amazed at how far we have come. He's really a very playful pup underneath all of that fear. And there is an AMAZING obedience dog under there. He's got style in his movement, a great little flare, and a wonderful personality.

I finally found the thing that drives him wild - Chicken Liver. I think it's disgusting, but hey - I guess whatever works! He will brave the terrifying kitchen and will actually sit on the floor. Before that, he would only work on obedience on the couch, his safe place. And it was only every so often he would take treats anyhow. And I actually got him to come to me (on leash of course) outside and let me take hold of his collar, then take the liver and eat it. It's a major thing - outside was so terrifying no food was worth it. I've been working on taking hold of his collar, then treating him. It's getting better, he has started not to cower when I hold onto his collar.

I wish I could do something about his pacing - he does it quite often.
 
Pacing is nerves or I need something to do...

Sounds like you are headed the right way on nerves and if it is I need something to do when he gets more used to things and playing more that will help tire him.

Sounds like Mr Monet has found a great home
 
Back
Top