Hi Squeak,
I am glad to hear that your pup is doing well. I was told that it is a long recovery. Chinook is hoping around on three legs for now, but I've noticed today that he is trying to use his other leg now too. The vet said he should start putting some weight on it at around 2 weeks, so for now I am trying to limit it as much as possible. I asked the vet about rehab and physio, and he said not to start until 3-4 weeks after the surgery, yet another vet, said to start it within 2 weeks, so for now, I am just walking him. We don't have any place to do hydrotherapy (I am sure Chinook is glad of that, as he does not like water) but I've heard that is is really good for them. Oh well.
Thank you for the information, it's a comfort knowing that other dogs went through the same surgery and are doing well now.
I am glad to hear that your pup is doing well. I was told that it is a long recovery. Chinook is hoping around on three legs for now, but I've noticed today that he is trying to use his other leg now too. The vet said he should start putting some weight on it at around 2 weeks, so for now I am trying to limit it as much as possible. I asked the vet about rehab and physio, and he said not to start until 3-4 weeks after the surgery, yet another vet, said to start it within 2 weeks, so for now, I am just walking him. We don't have any place to do hydrotherapy (I am sure Chinook is glad of that, as he does not like water) but I've heard that is is really good for them. Oh well.
Thank you for the information, it's a comfort knowing that other dogs went through the same surgery and are doing well now.