Lexi's getting spayed

She sounds just like Bailey. Why you always copying me Ashley? Bailey has the same bed as Lexi. Same leash, same bed... :lol:

That bed is a little small for Bailey now, but she thinks her bigger and more expensive bed is a chew toy.

Did you get it at the Petsmart Black Friday sale? We did! It's too small for Lexi, too, but sometimes she curls up in it...but normally just chews on it. I'm okay with that for now since it gives her something to do!
 
Did you get it at the Petsmart Black Friday sale? We did! It's too small for Lexi, too, but sometimes she curls up in it...but normally just chews on it. I'm okay with that for now since it gives her something to do!

Yup that's when I got it too. It was only like $8. I didn't shop that day, but my friend did, so she picked me up one.
Bailey still squeezes her herself into that bed every night. I tried giving her the bigger bed two nights ago, but was she chewing it. Back to the little bed...
 
So I know there are a MILLION posts about spays and neuters, but had to say that tomorrow is Lexi's spay, and I'm so nervous! I know it's routine and she's going to be okay, but I'm still worried about it.

DH is taking her in at 7 am, so everyone say a little prayer/send good thoughts our way!

Its time to spay Bella and we have several camping trips planned so i wanted to ask how many days did it take Lexi to be back to speed? I want to plan around the trips making sure she has ample time to re-coup before taking her off like that.
 
Its time to spay Bella and we have several camping trips planned so i wanted to ask how many days did it take Lexi to be back to speed? I want to plan around the trips making sure she has ample time to re-coup before taking her off like that.

I can tell you from my experience with Bailey that she was back to speed by the next day. :lol: She had her stitches removed 10 days after the surgery. The vet told us to try and keep her calm until then. I tried, but it didn't happen. If Bella gets dis-solvable stitches, then you really need to make sure she takes it easy or she can tear the stitches.

I'd say Bella will be good to go in 2 weeks. You want to make sure her incision is completely healed before you go camping. You don't want it to become dirty and infected.

Double check with your vet and see what he/she recommends.
 
Its time to spay Bella and we have several camping trips planned so i wanted to ask how many days did it take Lexi to be back to speed? I want to plan around the trips making sure she has ample time to re-coup before taking her off like that.

I can tell you that the same is true for Lexi as what Randi said about Bailey. The next day she was raring to go. We spent 4 days with her in the x-pen most of the time with limited activity. I felt like a bad mom, but every time we let her out she would jump on the furniture or try to play with Bentley or Bimmer.

After 4 days, we sort of gave up. We aren't letting her run up and down the stairs, and we don't let her play outside or off leash. However, she plays with the dog and cat, jumps on the furniture, etc...We even took her to obedience class yesterday which was 5 days after her surgery.

I think that we will let her resume normal activity this coming weekend (about 10 days after her surgery). She certainly thinks she's fine, and her incision is healing nicely.

Unlike Bailey, she didn't get stitches that need to be removed. They are dissolvable.
 
Lexi looking pathetic...

I give up trying to get rid of the demon eyes...but here are some cute ones of her looking pathetic nonetheless.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top