Lord, help me!

DianeP

Forums Enthusiast
Mindy will be two in November and I feel like she’s going through a behavioral backslide. Is this normal??? Heavens, she is soooo needy. Wants our attention all of the time and barks when we don’t give it, goes into other rooms and “steals” things which she’s not to have and has left alone for ages. Unraveling toilet paper again. Stealing shoes! Tonight she escaped from her crate. Arghghghghgh!! Will it ever end??!?
 
I know how you feel Diane, I get this all day....everyday with Monty...and he's 4yrs. I'm sure you'll be able to train her to behave a little better. I'm the worst trainer ever so Monty is probably not the best example.
I find the stealing quite funny as long as it doesn't end with damage. I can see how draining it gets as it used to tire me out but I just clean up after him on autopilot now.

I hope you get there soon and calm her down a little, if you find a miracle cure let me know haha.
 
I know how you feel Diane, I get this all day....everyday with Monty...and he's 4yrs. I'm sure you'll be able to train her to behave a little better. I'm the worst trainer ever so Monty is probably not the best example.
I find the stealing quite funny as long as it doesn't end with damage. I can see how draining it gets as it used to tire me out but I just clean up after him on autopilot now.

I hope you get there soon and calm her down a little, if you find a miracle cure let me know haha.
Darren, does Monty bark a lot?
 
Lol....Piper is 5 and he's VERY pushy when he wants something...
This is what I get on a daily basis......
This morning on a walk he started barking at me, spinning and nipping at my leg. Of course I can't help but laugh at him lol. All while he's doing this Finnie just kept going like nothing was happening.
 
Piper is 5 and he's VERY pushy when he wants something...
This is what I get on a daily basis......

"Teach them to spin" they said... "It'll be cute" they said..... similar to "Teach them to speak" they said... "it'll be cute" they said....

We heard the same thing about the 'Easy Button' - thank goodness we can put it in a closet - not so the spin or speak....
 
Mindy will be two in November and I feel like she’s going through a behavioral backslide. Is this normal??? Heavens, she is soooo needy. Wants our attention all of the time and barks when we don’t give it, goes into other rooms and “steals” things which she’s not to have and has left alone for ages. Unraveling toilet paper again. Stealing shoes! Tonight she escaped from her crate. Arghghghghgh!! Will it ever end??!?

my dogs have always taking til 3 to stop with those teen regression stages completely. It definitely got less frequent, but we still had those spurts. More so with my second. Both males so not sure if it makes a difference.
 
Why should little Mindy be locked inside a cage ?
She has a strong need to be with you. :hugs

Says someone who could never dream of
having her dog in a cage inside
and not at all if she only has one Sheltie :no:
 
Back
Top