Lord, help me!

Hang in there, mine all take until 3 before they outgrow the puppy antics, and some not even then. Flurry will always be mischievous, it's just who she is. Occasionally she'll invade a wastebasket to shred some kleenex just to show us she still can. :yes: I have to say like Darren, I don't mind as long as it's not dangerous to her. I like a dog with personality. (And I will probably eat those words.... :uhoh:)
 
"Teach them to spin" they said... "It'll be cute" they said..... similar to "Teach them to speak" they said... "it'll be cute" they said....

We heard the same thing about the 'Easy Button' - thank goodness we can put it in a closet - not so the spin or speak....
shelties don't really need to be taught to spin- they do need to learn to go in the other direction so they can stay balanced:winkgrin:
 
Ok I'm not alone...phew. River is such a good boy, but I think I must have spoiled him because he doesn't take no for an answer and barks and pesters until he gets his way. I can't seem to break him of herding my feet when I'm in a hurry. Also he bosses me around if we go outside in the evenings, and barks at me until we have to go inside. He used to play, but won't anymore...hates fetch. Won't let me rush out the door to drop peanuts for the blue jays, and has even learned their calls so he can start bossing and barking and nipping at my shoe. I just don't have the energy to command him around all the time which is what I would have to do to control every bad behavior. This morning after combing out a snarl behind his ear he jumped up behind me on the couch and started pulling on my hair. See...how do you like it he said.
 
Ok I'm not alone...phew. River is such a good boy, but I think I must have spoiled him because he doesn't take no for an answer and barks and pesters until he gets his way. I can't seem to break him of herding my feet when I'm in a hurry. Also he bosses me around if we go outside in the evenings, and barks at me until we have to go inside. He used to play, but won't anymore...hates fetch. Won't let me rush out the door to drop peanuts for the blue jays, and has even learned their calls so he can start bossing and barking and nipping at my shoe. I just don't have the energy to command him around all the time which is what I would have to do to control every bad behavior. This morning after combing out a snarl behind his ear he jumped up behind me on the couch and started pulling on my hair. See...how do you like it he said.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well at least Piper doesn't pull my hair lol!
 
Darren, does Monty bark a lot?

Monty barks a lot but that is the only thing I'm able to control. When he starts I just grab Mr Broccoli and he come back and takes him off me....then it's harder for him to be noisy with a mouth full of broccoli.
The rest of the things he does I just have to let happen as no matter what I do he finds a way around. Yesterday is a good example of his average day, he was on the dinner table 3 or 4 times, chewed the TV remote (again, i'm onto No 6), Shouted to be out the empty bath 3 times, climbed on the girls bedroom table and destroyed their lego harry potter, chewed my work shoe, threw himself off my cupboard multiple times (because it makes a bang), knocked his water dish all over the floor 3 times (he finds it funny i think), Stole my phone charger wire, chews on the side of the sofa a ton, climbed on the shoe cupboard shelf and knocked all the cleaning bottles all off.

There's probably more that I forgot, It used to be hard but now I just look past it and see the funny side. I'm sure he'll calm down at some point and then I'll miss it all. Plus with naughty dogs you know something is wrong the minute they stop, so it's like an early warning system haha. My biggest thing was changing my mindet and not letting it get to me, now I don't mind, although it has been a huge learning curve.
He gets a ton of walks and played with a lot and it doesn't help, I think we just get some dogs that have to occupy themselves all day.

I hope things get better for you but your not alone, a lot of us are going through it :yes:
 
Monty barks a lot but that is the only thing I'm able to control. When he starts I just grab Mr Broccoli and he come back and takes him off me....then it's harder for him to be noisy with a mouth full of broccoli.
The rest of the things he does I just have to let happen as no matter what I do he finds a way around. Yesterday is a good example of his average day, he was on the dinner table 3 or 4 times, chewed the TV remote (again, i'm onto No 6), Shouted to be out the empty bath 3 times, climbed on the girls bedroom table and destroyed their lego harry potter, chewed my work shoe, threw himself off my cupboard multiple times (because it makes a bang), knocked his water dish all over the floor 3 times (he finds it funny i think), Stole my phone charger wire, chews on the side of the sofa a ton, climbed on the shoe cupboard shelf and knocked all the cleaning bottles all off.

There's probably more that I forgot, It used to be hard but now I just look past it and see the funny side. I'm sure he'll calm down at some point and then I'll miss it all. Plus with naughty dogs you know something is wrong the minute they stop, so it's like an early warning system haha. My biggest thing was changing my mindet and not letting it get to me, now I don't mind, although it has been a huge learning curve.
He gets a ton of walks and played with a lot and it doesn't help, I think we just get some dogs that have to occupy themselves all day.

I hope things get better for you but your not alone, a lot of us are going through it :yes:
Haha haha!! You are making me laugh out loud!! Thank you!!! Mindy sounds tame compared to all of that. The thing that drives me most crazy is being barked at for no apparent reason. I feel like she’s yelling at me. I’m certain she’s trying to tell me something important, but I don’t know what it is!! I, too, do my best to stay relaxed. Some days, it’s easier than others!;)
 
Back
Top