Lord, help me!

Monty barks a lot but that is the only thing I'm able to control. When he starts I just grab Mr Broccoli and he come back and takes him off me....then it's harder for him to be noisy with a mouth full of broccoli.
The rest of the things he does I just have to let happen as no matter what I do he finds a way around. Yesterday is a good example of his average day, he was on the dinner table 3 or 4 times, chewed the TV remote (again, i'm onto No 6), Shouted to be out the empty bath 3 times, climbed on the girls bedroom table and destroyed their lego harry potter, chewed my work shoe, threw himself off my cupboard multiple times (because it makes a bang), knocked his water dish all over the floor 3 times (he finds it funny i think), Stole my phone charger wire, chews on the side of the sofa a ton, climbed on the shoe cupboard shelf and knocked all the cleaning bottles all off.

There's probably more that I forgot, It used to be hard but now I just look past it and see the funny side. I'm sure he'll calm down at some point and then I'll miss it all. Plus with naughty dogs you know something is wrong the minute they stop, so it's like an early warning system haha. My biggest thing was changing my mindet and not letting it get to me, now I don't mind, although it has been a huge learning curve.
He gets a ton of walks and played with a lot and it doesn't help, I think we just get some dogs that have to occupy themselves all day.

I hope things get better for you but your not alone, a lot of us are going through it :yes:

Darren, there's nothing like almost losing them to put things in perspective!
 
Wow Darren...just wow!!!
I imagine your day must be a lot like this....MONTY!......MONTY!.......MONTY!.....MONTY!......
He'll slow down eventually, to a point lol.
Piper is a really good boy but at 5 there are still things he loves to do, especially in the morning. As Diane said 'she feels like she's yelling at her'....same as Piper except I know what he wants....
He barks for his breakfast, barks for his banana (yup...thanks mom for getting him hooked on them) and then he just barks some more for no reason:lol:. So in the morning (and throughout the day when he wants a treat) bark bark bark bark means feed me feed me feed me!!! As pushy as he can be I wouldn't have it any other way!
 
River thinks I'm a bad piano player (which I am) so when he can't take my practicing anymore he comes over and bangs his paws on the low keys and lifts my arm up with his nose. So yesterday I thought I would make use of his "skill" to teach him to play on cue. I pointed to the piano and said "paws up" which he must have heard as "hup" and promptly jumped up on the bench and then hup...on top the keys all four paws! Never a dull moment with that boy.
 
Haha haha!! You are making me laugh out loud!! Thank you!!! Mindy sounds tame compared to all of that. The thing that drives me most crazy is being barked at for no apparent reason. I feel like she’s yelling at me. I’m certain she’s trying to tell me something important, but I don’t know what it is!! I, too, do my best to stay relaxed. Some days, it’s easier than others!;)

Harley used to try to talk to me a lot. Most of the time I think he was just asking for food and treats so maybe Mindy is doing the same.

Wow Darren...just wow!!!
I imagine your day must be a lot like this....MONTY!......MONTY!.......MONTY!.....MONTY!......
He'll slow down eventually, to a point lol.
Piper is a really good boy but at 5 there are still things he loves to do, especially in the morning. As Diane said 'she feels like she's yelling at her'....same as Piper except I know what he wants....
He barks for his breakfast, barks for his banana (yup...thanks mom for getting him hooked on them) and then he just barks some more for no reason:lol:. So in the morning (and throughout the day when he wants a treat) bark bark bark bark means feed me feed me feed me!!! As pushy as he can be I wouldn't have it any other way!

LOL that just about sums up my day, I just follow him around saying Monty get down, Monty drop, Monty No :ROFLMAO:. To be fair to him I think tipping his water out started because he was trying to say he only wants milk.....now it has turned into a game :lol:.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Love that Piper barks for his banana hahahaha.
 
Hate to say this, but Deska breezed through adolescence, and then about the age of 2yrs hit his naughty stride - from that time on he excelled at bloody cheek. I gave in and just rolled with it. Had many a laugh over the next 10 years, and quite a bit of hair-pulling out. Now I find that life is actually pretty boring without the Deskapades!
 
Thanks to you good people, my attitude was lifted today. When Mindy ran under the dining room table with a carpel tunnel brace I just said, “oh, wow! What did you get?“ She dropped it and stared at me in disbelief. I asked her “Can you bring me your toy?” And she did. Then, we exchanged it for something better suited for her.:)
 
I am a firm believer in a tired dog is a happy dog!
Gavin got loads of exercise when he was less than 5.
2-3 hours of walks (or runs) a day it seems, both before and after work.
So very little drama...he never wanted attention becuase he was too tired.
and now he is a sleepy senior :)
 
Thanks to you good people, my attitude was lifted today. When Mindy ran under the dining room table with a carpel tunnel brace I just said, “oh, wow! What did you get?“ She dropped it and stared at me in disbelief. I asked her “Can you bring me your toy?” And she did. Then, we exchanged it for something better suited for her.:)

Whoohoo well done, hopefully a sign of things to come! I believe that if we make a big fuss and try to get things off them it then turns into a game and gets worse haha. Well done to Mindy as well for giving her mom a break haha.
 
Whoohoo well done, hopefully a sign of things to come! I believe that if we make a big fuss and try to get things off them it then turns into a game and gets worse haha. Well done to Mindy as well for giving her mom a break haha.
This is so true. I think sometimes when I’m really stressed by life (not Mindy) it is that much harder to find my positive side. Thanks for helping me center.
 
Back
Top