More Issues with Hadley

So we finally got urine and there was no bacteria so not a UTI. They are supposed to call me as far as the next step. They need to figure out why she's occasionally bleeding down there and where the blood was coming from. There was no blood in the sample so .... I'm starting to get really worried, though. She seems healthy other than the fact she squats so much on walks and has occasional blood down there.

The medicine for her incontinence was working, but when we tried to go down to one pill a week it didn't work. So we need to ween her down more slowly. I don't think the incontinence is related to this as I think the incontinence spawned from her spay. Sigh.....
 
When Gypsy had her exploritory surgery to see if we would find anything causing all the UTI's and blood in her urine my vet wanted to find some holistic treatments for her so he spoke to someone who specializes in them. They recommended a chinese herb that is used for bleeding called Yunnan Baiyou,I found caps online. I think on Amazon it comes in a few forms. It can be injested for internal bleeding but you can also use the powder on cuts that are bleeding,toe nails clipped to short etc. externally. I got 25 mg. caps but I would need to call my vet to see how often and for how long I was instructed to give it to her. It's been over a year now. Let me know if you want me to call them on Monday and check.
 
When Gypsy had her exploritory surgery to see if we would find anything causing all the UTI's and blood in her urine my vet wanted to find some holistic treatments for her so he spoke to someone who specializes in them. They recommended a chinese herb that is used for bleeding called Yunnan Baiyou,I found caps online. I think on Amazon it comes in a few forms. It can be injested for internal bleeding but you can also use the powder on cuts that are bleeding,toe nails clipped to short etc. externally. I got 25 mg. caps but I would need to call my vet to see how often and for how long I was instructed to give it to her. It's been over a year now. Let me know if you want me to call them on Monday and check.

OMG how funny you say this as I went to an acupuncturist due to heavy periods and pain and they gave me this supplement! It worked SO well and I actually still have quite a bit. It stopped her from bleeding down there? I just am so worried and I'm up for giving anything a try, even though ideally I'd like to know WHY/WHERE she's bleeding from, but we don't always get the answers we want. That would be REALLY helpful if you could let me know how much to give and Ill certainly give it a try. She's right at 20lbs. :) Thanks, Dawn, Hadley sends you huge, huge sheltie hugs.
 
OMG how funny you say this as I went to an acupuncturist due to heavy periods and pain and they gave me this supplement! It worked SO well and I actually still have quite a bit. It stopped her from bleeding down there? I just am so worried and I'm up for giving anything a try, even though ideally I'd like to know WHY/WHERE she's bleeding from, but we don't always get the answers we want. That would be REALLY helpful if you could let me know how much to give and Ill certainly give it a try. She's right at 20lbs. :) Thanks, Dawn, Hadley sends you huge, huge sheltie hugs.

Taking Chandler for his B12 shot Monday will check and get back to you than.
 
have they done an xray or ultrasound to see if she has kidney stones? That will cause the intermittent blood in the urine. every time the stone moves its position it scrapes either the kidney/ureter and causes blood but than when its not moving no blood.
 
have they done an xray or ultrasound to see if she has kidney stones? That will cause the intermittent blood in the urine. every time the stone moves its position it scrapes either the kidney/ureter and causes blood but than when its not moving no blood.

No, but I think this is a good idea. I am getting worried as now the medicine for the incontinence hasn't been working and last night she dribbled all over the floor. I'm going to call a holistic vet in my area and go that route even if it cost more. I just can't deal with a vet who tries to offer me some kind of science diet crap that's supposedly for dogs with urine issues. I question anyone who thinks science diet would make any problem better. He's a good vet, but I feel just a bit too old and not as uptodate as I'd like. Going to call now and hope it's not too pricey....
 
I just can't deal with a vet who tries to offer me some kind of science diet crap that's supposedly for dogs with urine issues. I question anyone who thinks science diet would make any problem better. He's a good vet, but I feel just a bit too old and not as uptodate as I'd like.

Texas eh? ....
Oh good, that means this time it presumably ain't me. :uhoh:
- Dr. Mac
 
Mary-

What is the medicine that they have her on for the incontinence? I used Proin and it did a fantastic job. According to my vet, it targets the sphincter muscle. It took about 3-4 days to work. She was on 1/2 pill every 12 hours.

My trainer has a dog with incontinence from spay and she swears by Proin. She says that it does a great job with her dog.


Texas eh? ....
Oh good, that means this time it presumably ain't me. :uhoh:
- Dr. Mac

Thanks for keeping the sense of humor, Dr. Mac.
 
Back
Top