More Issues with Hadley

Mary-

What is the medicine that they have her on for the incontinence? I used Proin and it did a fantastic job. According to my vet, it targets the sphincter muscle. It took about 3-4 days to work. She was on 1/2 pill every 12 hours.
.

I'm sorry for some reason I overlooked this response. They had Hadley on Diethylstilbestrol and from my understanding it's a synthetic estrogen. It seemed to work okay and didn't have any negative side-effects, but I really just didn't like the idea of a dog, who is only two, having to be on any amount of estrogen for the rest of her life. I did some research, well lots of research, and I found a lot of people had success with Apple Cider Vinegar. I just put a tiny drop in the water bowls each day and make sure to take her out on a leash so I KNOW she potties right before bed. She hasn't had an accident in five nights! Before that, she was having accidents about three or four times a week and we were having to just bathe her butt area every time and do laundry. We made sure to start putting her in a crate. So if the apple cider vinegar keeps it down and it only happens once in a while that would be fabulous.

Here's a recent picture of my girl... she's looking great!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/DSC04807.jpg

And her licking her lips in anticipation of her Easter presents LOL and my poodle looking puppies--
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/DSC04806.jpg
 
Thanks for that website as I wasn't sure exactly how/why they benefited. I know humans benefit from drinking a tablespoon a day also!

Yeah, I've heard of that and tried it once, but it was for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Had not heard that it could improve kidney/bladder function. You learn something new every day. :smile2:

Maybe I should try giving some to my pups, since Sadie gets early UTI's.
 
I had totally forgotten about ACV...it is a good choice, way better than her having to take drugs. I used to drink it with grape juice to loose weight- it does work but the taste can get to ya after a while.
She looks super as do the pups.
 
Back
Top