Moving On- Heidi

Heidi's Mom

Forums Regular
Hi everyone. It has been awhile since I last wrote. Today, it has been a year since the last time I saw my beloved Heidi. The phone calls/sightings have stopped. Now I only have memories of her. I pray that someone nice has her and is taking good care of her. The pain is still sharp as it was a year ago. I have been trying to move on.

My husband and I adopted 3 dogs: 2 female shelties (age 2,7) and one sheltie/beagle mix (age 1). They all get along well, with only an occassional fight. It has been a challenge to train 3 rescue dogs at the same time. Angie (2yo) was a economy surrender, Emma (7yo) was saved from a backyard breeder, who was going to kill her, because she could no longer have puppies, and Grace (1yo) was a stray from Mississippi. Grace is a "Southern Rebel" We have alot of challenges to train her.

All 3 of them have given us so much joy, love and kisses, that it has helped us get thru the year. We rescued a 6mo male sheltie, "dumped" in a field in August (we thought it was Heidi) He had been out there for over a month. No one listed him missing, no one was out looking for him. After 10days, we were able to catch him. He weighed only 8 lbs, skin and bones. The vets stated that he would not have survived much longer out there if we did not catch him. He now has a home with my cousin, and is doing really well.

My husband and I are now volunteers that help out with a Pet Detective (he helped us look for Heidi). He helps recover lost pets. We go and talk to people on how to protect their pets from getting lost, and what to do if it happens. It gives me comfort to do this, I want to help people become more aware and more responsible in securing your pets.

This is now my cause....I Never want anybody to go thru what we did. So far I have helped alot of people and found a home for a lost dog, that no one wanted, so the loss of Heidi was not in vain.

Please all on Sheltie Nation...get your pets micro-chipped, id taged. Read the information of www.DetectAPetUSA.com on what to do if your pet is every lost. Contact me with questions, I am willing to help, and give you the right information on pet recovery...not what you may find on the internet.

Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for your support!!!! I love you all.
 
I too am sorry you have not found her. I was hoping you would. You have found a great cause through all of this. I wish you well, and if you get a chance, post some pics of your new babies. :yes:
 
I absolutely commend you & your family,you have such strength,to give back to the recovery of lost pets,and make it a mission to educate.

I am truly sorry to hear of Heidi,as I am fairly new here. I hope that we hear more from you & maybe some pictures of your babes. I'm going to check out your site,and also to pass it along to folks I know that have pets,that may not know about it.
 
I'm so sorry that you have not found Heidi. This apparently happened before my time, but it doesn't mean my heart doesn't break for you.

You sure have found a great cause to help others. Best of luck to you.
 
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss--the pain must be overwhelming. Thank you for taking the time to help the rest of us not have to go through what you went through.

Sounds like you have saved many dogs, and perhaps some very scared people too.
 
It's good to hear from you, and to hear about all the very lucky dogs in your care. Heidi is with you in every dog you rescue, and the work you are doing is just wonderful. I hope you will stay with us and join our community...you have a great deal to share. And yes, we'd love to see photos! Bless you for taking care of those poor, lost pups.
 
Thanks for the update Heidi's Mom. What a bitter sweet ending to the story. I'm glad you found some meaning to your suffering and that something good came of losing Heidi.
 
I'm so sorry about Heidi. Looks like this happened before I was a member.

I'm sure this year has been very difficult for you. I think it's great that you were able to turn this tragedy into a great cause and are looking out for others.
 
Back
Top