My poor vacuum!!

If you want to get obsesive (that would be me) a slicker brush works great at getting their hair out of or off of the carpets. It's not for the faint of heart though as it requires hands and knees work. I only do this occasionally as it's a real pain-literally especially in the knees and back.
 
Yesterday I bathed Chandler with the Rapid Bath well it must have really loosened things up because when I brushed him last night I had a plastic grocery bag filled and bursting at the seams. I was amazed because I had just brushed him out the day before.:eek2:
 
That fun blowing coat stage. I dread the day it happens to Zak, he has such a thick coat it will take days to brush out. Maggie is blowing coat now and I have a few tumble weeds. I recall once brushing Katie daily for a week or more when she blew her coat, it was short but thick. I used to know of some one that would take your dogs hair and knit a hat for you.
 
Well...after weeks of us going thru the same thing here with Earnhardt tumbleweeds,I feel your pain girl! This heat here has prompted a huge blowing of coat with him.
Brian even took the vacumn cleaner to him one day last week.Earnhardt totally enjoyed that one on one time,even if it meant a loud vacumn being run over him.

As far as Trapp & Jasper,they have not blown coats.I don't see the shedding issue,only if I am brushing them.But between Earnhardt & Bumper...golly I could vacumn till the cows come home,and still not get it all.
 
Well who'ld have thought - Dyson are sending a replacement hose to change over the one with the little sheltie teeth marks! Although as it turns out I took off the vacuum head and inside was this HUGE wad of fur so me thinks that was what was stopping the suction! Even a Dyson can't handle a Sheltie shedding episode.
 
Well who'ld have thought - Dyson are sending a replacement hose to change over the one with the little sheltie teeth marks! Although as it turns out I took off the vacuum head and inside was this HUGE wad of fur so me thinks that was what was stopping the suction! Even a Dyson can't handle a Sheltie shedding episode.

I have done this, too. I'll take the hose off, and there will be dust and sheltie fur caught in it. I take the fur and dust out, and then it works fine again.

I still want a roomba - the one they make for pet hair, but I'm trying to put all my extra money in savings for a new vehicle (expect me to have a new vehicle in about 5 years! :lol:).
 
Only three carpeted rooms left here...Russ's room (off limits to pets), the craft room (off limits to pets), and Alan's cave...anything goes there.

Everything else is hardwood or tile, so I take trips around the room more than once a day gathering up the tumbleweeds. I just finished brushing Sasha, Emma, and Newton and a tiny bit on Indy...and then I was dust mopping and sweeping and chasing the fur....

Figaro is blowing coat and I'll get him outside. Indy just wasn't comfortable lying down so I passed on trying to brush him just now.
 
I feel everyone's pain as well. I am getting gobs of hair during daily brushing and vacuuming daily.

I don't have an outfit that isn't cover with dog fur and Ron...............bless his little heart...........washed the kitchen towels the other day with a bath towel that had dried MMM after a bath and then I had to wash the kitchen towels TWICE to get the fur out of it!!! Not happy with him!:uhoh::uhoh:
 
I feel everyone's pain as well. I am getting gobs of hair during daily brushing and vacuuming daily.

I don't have an outfit that isn't cover with dog fur and Ron...............bless his little heart...........washed the kitchen towels the other day with a bath towel that had dried MMM after a bath and then I had to wash the kitchen towels TWICE to get the fur out of it!!! Not happy with him!:uhoh::uhoh:

hahahahaha I hate when my mom accidentally mixes up and puts a dog towel in the closet with my bath towels i'll be in the midst of drying off and wonder why im suddenly getting furrier and furrier by the second:lol:
 
I feel everyone's pain as well. I am getting gobs of hair during daily brushing and vacuuming daily.

I don't have an outfit that isn't cover with dog fur and Ron...............bless his little heart...........washed the kitchen towels the other day with a bath towel that had dried MMM after a bath and then I had to wash the kitchen towels TWICE to get the fur out of it!!! Not happy with him!:uhoh::uhoh:

Smudge and his nosey self has been sticking his long snout into my laundry basket and rummaging through it. I found myself walking out the door to work only to discover that a puff of fur was on the shoulder of my shirt.

The good thing about having shelties in different colors: you know who the culprit is! :lol:
 
Back
Top