My Sweetie

Possibly getting a rescue sheltie for lonely Buddy

I'd say go for it. The people down the street had 2 dogs and one passed away. The one left had a rough time without the other one, so sad. This dog is a springer spainel. The people drove quite a ways and rescued a blind springer spainel puppy. Now the other dog has a job to do. She is "Mothering" the blind puppy. They are great friends and the sad dog is happy again. The blind puppy is so cute, his tail is always wagging. He found a wonderful home. I will say a prayer for Buddy that he feels better. Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son for all you have had to endure. I pray for strength and peace.

With love from,
Denise (Mally's Mom)
 
I think it would be a good thing for Buddy.I had two shelties that were littermates and one passed away. I was very worried the surviving guy would have a hard time with it but he actually was fine in a few days. If Buddy is still lonely and it's ok for you too I also say go for it. The new sheltie will never take Sweetie's place but will make his/her own place in your life and heart.
 
Poor Buddy, I'm sorry that he's taking Sweetie's death so hard. I guess he's in mourning too, and I think it probably would help him if he had another companion. Getting a rescue is a fabulous idea.
 
Sweeties memories will live in you always !

It sounds like you could handle it and it would help keep your mind occupied a bit and Buddy would have a companion to help him through his grieving process. I agree , go for it and at the same time you are helping another life find happiness again ! God Bless you all and I hope Buddy and you all know how much you are loved and prayed for .
 
I can not think of a better way to honor Sweetie's memory than to save another Sheltie! :sadsmile:, I think since she saved your lives, saving another is a wonderful idea..If and when you're ready, my hat goes off to you for rescuing :wink2:

xoxoxox's
 
I can fully understand Buddy needing a friend after loosing Sweetie. Even though Edan and Melody, our Finnish Spitz, didn't really play, he changed when we lost her over a year ago. He was actually a bit depressed and we had him on Zoloft for a few months. While that helped and he's adapted somewhat to being a solo dog, he's still not the same. He hasn't wanted to play, really play with toys or anything (unless food was involved) since we lost Mel.

Bringing a Sheltie home could be the best thing for both of you and what better way to honor Sweetie than to save a Sheltie.
 
Corinna, I would only say, choose very carefuly. Of course, no Sheltie will ever be Sweetie. But it seems that the right "fit" will be even more important than in less complex circumstances. A Sheltie with behavioral or health issues will probably not be your best choice right now. Fortunately, there are many gentle, healthy Shelties out there awaiting a home. :smile2:
 
I agree that a rescue Sheltie, if you can find one, is a wonderful idea. It will help you and Buddy heal, and best of all it will give a new life to a poor, homeless Sheltie who will benefit from all the love you have to give!
 
Corinna, I would only say, choose very carefuly. Of course, no Sheltie will ever be Sweetie. But it seems that the right "fit" will be even more important than in less complex circumstances. A Sheltie with behavioral or health issues will probably not be your best choice right now. Fortunately, there are many gentle, healthy Shelties out there awaiting a home. :smile2:

Those were my thoughts as well. I'd definately say start looking but be very picky! find the right companion. I'm very proud of you and the journey you have been on through this. We are all here with you and supporting you!
 
Back
Top