My Sweetie

king buddy

Forums Enthusiast
Heaven has a new angel. Sweetie was taken from me by the hands of a monster. I was at work and when my son came home he found Sweetie struggling to live. He called me and I called the vet and he did cpr on her and I met him at the clinic. By the time he arrived and pulled her from the car she took her last breath. When the vet arrived he brought her in and examined her. She died from internal injuries. She bled to death internly. the only person that as at my house while I was at work was my STEP son. I know this is graphic but I want you all to know what happened. This 20 year old has been let to do whatever he wants an when I tell my husband he gets mad at me. Well tonight after having my dog die in my arms I told My husband I want him out of my house and I want the locks changed. I also told my husband I wont go through this again. If it means my husband goes wth his son than thas the way it will be! I am so full of HATE right now I cant stad it. I also am so full of sadness I cant stand it!.. want all of you if you hav shady family members...real or step dont waitlike I did or be bullied by a stubborn man to keep them around. Its to late for me now!:sadsmile:
 
sweetie continued

I blame myself for this. If I had been stronger and didnt let my husban push me around this would not of happened. I was uncomfortable with him being in my house and I should of not let my husband guilt me into having him there. I should of sent my husband down the road with him months ago! I am such a failure. I will never forgive myself for allowing this to happen! Please know I loved her but I failed her!
 
OMG, this is so heartbreaking. I wish I could come and give you a really big hug.

Please dont blame yourself at all. I understand the guilt when someone kills your pups, I felt the same way when someone poisoned my Kimba. But the only person responsible is the monster who did it. How could you have forseen this happening, how could anyone with a good a heart imagine what is in the mind of a monster.

I looked back over your photos with sweetie and I can see how happy she was with you and how much she adored your son. I doubt she would swap the wonderful times she had with your for extra time on earth.

But please be careful about being around your step-son, it sounds quite dangerous.
 
Please don't blame yourself too much!!

My neighbor had a similar (though not as poignant) situation through her daughter. Her daughter's husband had a boy when they got married over 10 years ago. He was only maybe 6 or 7 at the time. The husband never made it clear that he was to listen to her and even undermined her authority when he had the chance. When she thought about leaving, they ended up having a baby. The little girl is 8 now. A few months back, she came to live with her mother because the boy (now a rebellious teen 17 or 18) stepped over the line. (They are still separated but I don't see a compromise being worked out.)

Over the months previous to the incident, the daughter struggled for the most basic of niceties (thank you, putting a dish in the sink let alone clean it, turning clothes right side out to be washed). The husband was of no help. While my neighbor was there (she's in her mid-60s btw), she told the stepson to pick up his mess and he flat out refused. Then she asked him about mowing the yard - the one chore he'd done up to this point (only because the father would pay him). He said since he wasn't getting paid he wouldn't do it. Being the outspoken woman she is, my neighbor told him he was being ungrateful. He then demanded that she get out of HIS house. He picked up his stepmom's laptop and threatened to break it when she refused. (The laptop is a networking tool for the daughter's business more than anything else and he knows it.)

Furious and beyond logic, the daughter went to his room and took his laptop saying it was an even trade. He attacked her! He threw her to the ground and started choking her. If my neighbor wasn't there, they aren't sure he would have stopped. He ended up shoving my neighbor a few times - she had nasty bruises.

There is good to this story, though. The daughter lived with her mom next door for a few months (with the grand-daughter) until she got a job. Now they have a little apartment and are much happier.

I'm so sorry there is no immediate happy ending for you. You have my tears, prayers, and sincerest condolences. It will look up, but you have to do what it right to get there.
 
I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say. My prayers are with you and your family.

Please, do not blame yourself. The guilt will eat you alive and Sweetie wouldn't want that.

Did you call the cops on your step son? In NY, your step-son would be questioned and potentially arrested.
 
Oh my goodness!

I am so sorry. This is horrible. You seriously can be in harm's way.

I would definitely file a report right now with the authorities. Take the vet report there. You never know when you will need to fall back on this report. It is important to get it filed. Especially if it comes down to restraining orders, etc. Please make sure that you and your son stay safe. I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Danielle
 
I am so very sorry and I just ditto what everyone else has said and Danisgoat has some very good suggestions. Send you a big hug.
 
I'm only going to add to what Danielle has said.You need to file reports,now~ And it does'nt matter it is a step son or what ever.
As said to you in PM,both Brian and I are heartfelt sorry for your loss.

Please,please don't blame your self~
 
I am so very sorry and concerned for your safety. Someone who is able to abuse an animal is certainly capable of harming people, as well. Please take whatever steps are necessary to protect yourself.
 
I too am sorry for what has happened to your poor Sweetie (very beautiful girl).... I hope you get the police involved and at least make him pay for his crime...I know it wont bring your girl back but it may prevent this from happening again.
 
Back
Top