Need help getting Bella to eat

Just got back from the vet for a follow up appointment with Bella, and he basically said because she also has a protein losing disease (through her kidneys, plus her BUN-creatinine ratio), it complicates her case so much more... her 9-12 months turned into 3-6 months and she's basically on hospice. She will have good and bad days, and when there are more bad days than good days we will know it's time. :cry: Getting her blood values re-checked tomorrow. One good thing was that her blood pressure had gone down since a couple weeks ago. But she has edema in her legs... just a waiting game and try to keep her eating and comfortable for as long as we can. Just hearing it layed out like that was tough for both of us... Poor baby girl. :cry:
 
Just got back from the vet for a follow up appointment with Bella, and he basically said because she also has a protein losing disease (through her kidneys, plus her BUN-creatinine ratio), it complicates her case so much more... her 9-12 months turned into 3-6 months and she's basically on hospice. She will have good and bad days, and when there are more bad days than good days we will know it's time. :cry: Getting her blood values re-checked tomorrow. One good thing was that her blood pressure had gone down since a couple weeks ago. But she has edema in her legs... just a waiting game and try to keep her eating and comfortable for as long as we can. Just hearing it layed out like that was tough for both of us... Poor baby girl. :cry:

I am so very sorry to hear of your devastating news for Bella. It is never easy to be honest n the hospice stage. My heart just goes out to you! Keeping your girl comfortable is all that can be done now. Wishing you blessings and prayers for the time you have left.
Virtual hugs to all and soft pats to Bella. So heartbreaking.. :hugs
 
I'm so sorry to hear that your time with Bella is much shorter than you thought.
Having just been through this with my boy Riley (he passed 3 weeks ago) who had cancer of the spine I totally understand your pain. I went from optimism last December thinking (hoping) that it was arthritis to fear that it was cancer in June when he continued to deteriorate to a confirmed diagnosis in July. It's never easy but remember that Bella doesn't know she's sick. I tried to get Riley out as much as I could (I bought a dog stroller) and I take a lot of comfort in knowing I helped make his last days as happy as I could.
 
Just got back from the vet for a follow up appointment with Bella, and he basically said because she also has a protein losing disease (through her kidneys, plus her BUN-creatinine ratio), it complicates her case so much more... her 9-12 months turned into 3-6 months and she's basically on hospice. She will have good and bad days, and when there are more bad days than good days we will know it's time. :cry: Getting her blood values re-checked tomorrow. One good thing was that her blood pressure had gone down since a couple weeks ago. But she has edema in her legs... just a waiting game and try to keep her eating and comfortable for as long as we can. Just hearing it layed out like that was tough for both of us... Poor baby girl. :cry:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
 
Oh I’m so sorry about your Riley too... that had to have been tough to watch him go through as well. We are here to love them and care for them the best that we can... and let them go when the time is right. It just sucks.

I'm so sorry to hear that your time with Bella is much shorter than you thought.
Having just been through this with my boy Riley (he passed 3 weeks ago) who had cancer of the spine I totally understand your pain. I went from optimism last December thinking (hoping) that it was arthritis to fear that it was cancer in June when he continued to deteriorate to a confirmed diagnosis in July. It's never easy but remember that Bella doesn't know she's sick. I tried to get Riley out as much as I could (I bought a dog stroller) and I take a lot of comfort in knowing I helped make his last days as happy as I could.
 
Poor You.....I know I think of every day as one long goodbye with my boy. He has no clue, of course!

I second the stroller. Gavin got depressed when I got him out less in a misguided attempt to heal his injury (whatever it is).
He loves his stroller, and prefers it to car rides even when the car means we are going to the beach.

Enjoy whatever time you have left with Bella.
 
Been there also, from Jan - May this year with Brooke. I'm very sorry your time is shorter. Try to make the best of each day and if she feels well enough, I also encourage the dog stroller. It allowed Brooke to get out with us every day, sniff the air, see people and other dogs, and still feel like part of the pack. It made a world of difference for her.
 
I’m very sorry to hear your news about Bella. There is never enough time with these precious souls who give us so much. I hope the coming days give you some special times with your girl. Sending you hugs.
 
Back
Top