New Pup for Barb and Indy????

BarbV

Forums Celebrity
Taking deep breath......

So Indy and I are going to visit a 2 year old Sheltie girl on Saturday

And we are also looking a 4 year old Pom puppy mill rescue.

I don't know if either is right for us.....we will know when we do the home visits

We are taking it one day at a time. Indy is missing Bacca for sure and has been out of sorts for days. He keeps thinking he needs to run inside and run to Bacca's dish to scrounge foood....only there is no dish there anymore.....

Picked up Bacca's ashes yesterday. He will be buried if and when spring every arrives in my parents garden.

I'm still weepy everytime someone mentions him....but of course, this is a particularly bad time of year for me....Because it was 6 years ago on March 14th that my daughter committed suicide.

Holding together, but I can't stop asking the gods (God) why they (he) keeps testing me@!
 
I know I don't really know you (although I have seen many of your posts on here) but I'm so sorry for you and Indy. I'm praying that everything works out for what's best for both of you and the potential pup. :hugs
 
I'm so sorry. Everything happens for us in Feb/March and we just hold our breaths through it every year. This year I am holding it for you, as well.

When you meet the right dog, you will know. Six weeks after our beloved passed we could bear it no longer, and along came puppy . . . and I sobbed the whole 1-1/2 hour drive home and then began life anew.

Blessings to you.
 
Fletcher was my answer for losing my rescue sheltie Rocky in September. For me, it was a good decision.....
 
It will probably take both those babies to keep you busy enough to put your grief on the back burner.....lucky rescue pups!!!:hugs
 
Barb, I am sure tomorrow will be a bitter sweet day for you no matter what you decide about the pups. Even if these are not the "right" pups or the right time, it is a start. My thoughts are with you.

Trini
 
Good luck on your search. Just don't let grief rush you into taking a dog that three months down the line you find doesn't fit you or Indy or your lifestyle.
 
We had to put Brodie to sleep 9 days before our wedding. We vowed we would not get another dog before the wedding. We got Annabelle the day after our wedding. She is my honeymoon, and I couldn't be happier with her. Although I wish I'd gotten my friend's suggestion of naming her Paris before naming her. Because I do like the thought of being able to say, The honeymoon is over, but we still have Paris. :lol:

I have a friend who insists on six months before getting a new pet. Well, she did until Dolly showed up on her doorstep. It took that cat two weeks to move in and take over.

Sometimes, a house just needs more than one doggie.
 
Barb, I don't think God "tests" us -- never did. He lets the world unfold and supports us through our days and struggles, and rejoices in our triumphs. So He will smile with me when you and Indy find your new family member!!
:hugs
 
Back
Top