New Pup for Barb and Indy????

She is a lovely red sable. (Love the reds). Very petite compared to my boys. Short on undercoat but may still grow into it. Lovely face...and for since reason she was super focussed on me from the start. Jumping up and following me around. The breeder kept asking me if I had treats in my pockets. I never carry treats. But she kept following me....even when I tried to distance myself to get her and Indy to interact.

I think I connected with this girl. I think it's done in my mind...except she said that there is someone else interested too.....I may lose her. >>>>

Barb, it sounds like Gem chose you...hopefully the breeder will decide you are the right owner for her. Did she give you a time frame as to when she will let you know? Fingers crossed.

Trini
 
Sounds like she made a connection with you. So how will the breeder make a choice between you and the other person? What is she looking for, I wonder. I would think Gem being to interested in you would make her choice clear. What is Gem's background? What is her age? You may of posted this before and I missed it.
Hugs to you Barb- I hope you find the right fit for you and Indy. Dear boy has had his world turned up side down.
 
Thinking of you! Sounds like she made a real connection with you Barb,and hopefully everything will go well. Keep us updated ok
 
Can we all sign a character reference note? You are an amazing pet owner and a very strong lady and very deserving and any dog would have a 100% wonderful life with you and the dog appears to have made a connection to you.

What is meant to be will be and it is often mysterious about how the furry souls find us, but I think you would be an amazingly wonderful placement for Gem or any animal.
 
I can just picture Bacca's spirit next to Gem, pushing her with his nose and telling her "Go and take care of my Mom. She's hurting and needs a new fur baby in her life to share her love". I firmly believe that there is an afterlife for both humans and animals, and that those we've loved have influence on our lives even after they're gone.

Hope things work out and that the breeder chooses you if it's meant to be.
 
It's decision time....yes or no!

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and say "Yes to the Dog!"

But for some stupid reason, I'm hesitating because she is a girl. I've always had boys! Insights please, ASAP on differences between girls and boys?

I have to give an answer ASAP (like today). I've already posted that she seemed super interested in me and seemed responsive to me. (Like I said, the breeder kept asking me if I had treats in my pockets, and I had none....not even any remnants!.

So part of me saying this is meant to be. Another part of me says wait for a boy.....And of course, the, gulp, price. Not cheap for a 2 year old girl that won't ever be shown and still needs to be spayed. Can you negotiate with breeders????
 
I always thought I preferred boy dogs--it's all my family ever had-- until I got a girl. Now I'm about to get my second girl (to go with the existing girl and boy). My boy is goofy (and wonderful); my girl is sweet beyond description and scary smart. There's more depth to her, for lack of a better description. She's a deep thinker. My trainer said "the boys are always goofy." Not that that's a bad thing...
 
I have a boy and a girl. The biggest differences with MY two (and keep in mind this can change depending on the individual personalities) are:

1 - CJ is more snuggly than Edan
2 - CJ can be a little more stubborn
3 - CJ is "in charge", as bitches tend to be, but she's subtle about it.

CJ absolutely adores Glen and is his dog, though she will cuddle up with me also. She picked him and their connection is obvious.

Before Edan and CJ I had two girls - a Malamute-mix and Finnish Spitz. They wee also a little stubborn but lovely dogs to live with.

Quite honestly, if Gem picked you their's a reason for it. If she already sees you as her person, she could be a very good fit for your family. You won't really know, with any dog, until you bring them home and you start to live together.
 
I dont have experience with bargaining with breeders, but maybe you could suggest she have the dog spayed first? Sometimes breeders get cheaper rates with vets due to volume.
 
I agree with Pat C's description. Our boy Barkley is goofy, but fun. Our girls though, are sweet, loving, independent, silly and have a sense of humor...all the things girls are! They play wonderfully together -- there's no distinction between Barkley and the girls so that's never been a problem. I think having a girl and boy is a great mix.

I don't think you'd be sorry you chose a girl. I would never have anything else now!
 
Back
Top