New Pup for Barb and Indy????

If it was meant to be, it will. If another wonderful soul is waiting and you have not found him/her yet, that will be. You will be led to your perfect addition.

Both my Mayson and my Melli took THREE almost-adoptions to get me to them and I couldn't imagine life without them sharing it with me.

Praying the breeder is looking at best placement and not just $.
 
I may have actually lost her.....I questioned the sell price and hence the breeder is questioning my motivation. I said again, yes, to the to dog, but she's not responding......not getting a good vibe......

I'm so sorry you may not get Gem, but what ever happens is for the best. Before I got Ida I said yes to 2 or 3 other dogs, every one of them I was too late, the puppy was sold. So I went to Sarah's breeder and got sent to another breeder friend of hers where I found my baby girl. It all worked out for the best.:yes: If your meant to have little Gem, she'll be yours. If not, keep looking, there's so many wonderful dogs out there that would love to be with you!:smile2:
 
Yeah, I'm bummed because I lost her. Breeder said that she decided that Gem would be better placed in a single dog home.

I have to take that as truth, but I also suspect that she didn't appreciate me asking her to pay for the spay. I did not think it unreasonable, given the ask price of the dog.v. She seemed to question my finances as a result of trying to negotiate. I don't think I was unreasonable, but perhaps he thought so.

And while I may have bonded with the Gem, I may not have bonded with the breeder. It did feel uncomfortable, our visit.

So, the search continues. :sadsmile: I know there is another pup out there.....
 
The fact you had hesitation on any level was a hint. The fact you met her at all taught you something about what you are searching for, prepared you for the One. When you meet the right dog, there will be not one ounce of hesitation and it will be pure perfection.

Paws of support from Melli & Shay. Your special soul, right now, is working its way to you from whereever he or she was before. Miracles happen when it comes to uniting souls that belong.
 
The fact you had hesitation on any level was a hint. The fact you met her at all taught you something about what you are searching for, prepared you for the One. When you meet the right dog, there will be not one ounce of hesitation and it will be pure perfection.

Paws of support from Melli & Shay. Your special soul, right now, is working its way to you from whereever he or she was before. Miracles happen when it comes to uniting souls that belong.

I think you are correct. I did hesitate before meeting her and after. But I did like how the dogs finally interacted, and how she interacted with me so I said yes....but got no. Can't help but take it personally.....as if I was found wanting somehow. :(
 
I think you are correct. I did hesitate before meeting her and after. But I did like how the dogs finally interacted, and how she interacted with me so I said yes....but got no. Can't help but take it personally.....as if I was found wanting somehow. :(

You weren't. It just wasn't the right fit. And in my experience, depending on the breeder, spaying can be out of their normal realm of activities. They don't spay the show dogs, and when they sell pets, it's on the owner as a rule. So maybe the breeder was just not used to dealing with the question, and got uncomfortable.
 
When I first saw Jody I knew it was him for me. The his sister had a nice pretty face and personality that I loved, but the boy... there was something about him that I couldn't imagine being without. But it looked like if I was going to get one of them, it would be the girl. The boy was a favoret in the litter and everyone but me wanted the girl. I liked her and she seemed very sweet, but I would have been completely devastated if I'd lost the boy. At the very last minute before we'ed made our decision to get her she was adopted! When I went to their house to pick up my boy he ran up to me and whimpered for me to pick him up, when I did I was showered with kisses. We played for about 10 minutes, then he went to sleep in my arms. We were meant to be together, and when you find your perfect dog you'll know him/her instantly. Just as I did.
 
I am so sorry Barb, but your going to find the right one. That sheltie will fall right into your lap. One thing though I have never heard of a breeder neutering or spaying a dog. Only in a contract to be signed, that the buyer will neuter or spay. Did she offer you to look at a contract? Many breeders have a contract for their pet dogs right on their web site.

Good Luck on your search, you will find the perfect sheltie and breeder.
 
Barb I am so sorry you did not get Gem, but you need to have a good feelings about the breeder. As far as a female goes. Maggie and Zak were a great combo and before Zak when I had two females we had some bouts of jealousy that would show up. Our next will most likely be a female for Zak and for Mark -don't want to rish another male being a mama's boy. LOL
I am sure the right one will come along.
 
I have never heard of a breeder neutering or spaying

VERY common practice in CA. Breeders don't want to have to risk their lines being used for BYB, have to track down lazy people, deal with holding papers and such, hear new pet owners don't care for the postsurgical phase well and then blame the breeder, risk their pups get wander lust before they get around to altering and land in shelters thereby putting the breeder on the gov't radar, etc. Lots of breeders here spay/neuter pups or adults before leaving and embed it into the cost.
 
Back
Top