New Years Trials

Silaria

Forums Sage
I wanted to wish everyone trialing this weekend good luck.

Run fast and run clean but more importantly, run for fun!

We'll be leaving for our trial within the next few hours so I'll be off line for the weekend.
 
our agility trial was a failure.... Che decided that large field space with all that stuff was perfect playground...
so I am asking him now like that agility dog video xtreme "why is that you are perfect in class but seems to forget everything I taught you at the trial?"
I swear I was not smelling funny and my voice was not shrilly:lol:
 
Sorry you had a bad day. It can only get better from here.

My day today was pretty good; 3 Qs out of 4 runs. The run we didn't Q on, he popped the last weave on a 6 weave set and I didn't notice it so I didn't go back and fix it. :( Oh well! Edan was having a blast! He tail was wagging through the entire run. I'll have to check my video to see why he may have popped his pole. Video will be up sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday.
 
Well, we did not fair any better.Sting did well but no Q's.The trial started at 10 am and we signed up for 5 classes and we ran 3 and blew off the last 2 classes.It was a one ring trial and was suppose to be over by 6 the latest and from I heard ended at 930 tonight and the same on Fri. also.The trial site is and hour from my house.It was my second and last ever NADAC trial.Never again.They dont have the chute, the see saw, or the tire.I did not like that at all.Give me AKC or USDAA over any of these other venues.
 
our agility trial was a failure.... Che decided that large field space with all that stuff was perfect playground...
so I am asking him now like that agility dog video xtreme "why is that you are perfect in class but seems to forget everything I taught you at the trial?"
I swear I was not smelling funny and my voice was not shrilly:lol:

maybe it was something besides funny smells and shrill voices- did Che see the wires going to the yellow contacts? :winkgrin::lol:
 
maybe it was something besides funny smells and shrill voices- did Che see the wires going to the yellow contacts? :winkgrin::lol:
LOL! Maybe you should try wearing sparkly green spandex.

SheltieChe, I understand your pain. Our contacts seem to have gone to heck. Phebe especially hates the teeter for some reason. Today, I picked her up and walked her off the standard course for refusing the teeter. We ended on a better note by earning our second Open JWW Q. Tomorrow's another day.
 
We had a decent day...did get one standard Q (can you believe it?!) and Bentley got his AAD (Advanced Agility Title) which means he moves to Masters everything (eek!) starting at our next trial. I was very proud of him for that.

But, he did have some not so great (and frustrating!) things. I think he refused the weaves a couple times, and he refused the tunnel once which cost us a Masters Jumpers Q. Why do I have the only dog that doesn't love tunnels? :lol:
 
That was great :lol:

I need to go rent me some green sparkly spandex :eek2:

maybe green spandex will be interesting idea, stand out for sure, if jumping over the fence back and forth was not enough
OTOH Che did excellent obedience exercises, all those heels, fronts and finishes right before we went into the ring... he also had great sit stay and let me do nice lead out just to become wild man after first 2 obstacles:confused2:
wonder if I should have continued with obedience in agility ring would we Q?:lol: I think we could have done figure 8 around teeter and tunnel...
and here am I, worrying which handling system Linda M or GD I should follow...
 
We had a decent day...did get one standard Q (can you believe it?!) and Bentley got his AAD (Advanced Agility Title) which means he moves to Masters everything (eek!) starting at our next trial. I was very proud of him for that.

But, he did have some not so great (and frustrating!) things. I think he refused the weaves a couple times, and he refused the tunnel once which cost us a Masters Jumpers Q. Why do I have the only dog that doesn't love tunnels? :lol:

Congrats on your ADD.

Diva doesn't love tunnels either. We were working on discrimination between the tunnel and the dogwalk last week in class and she would take the dogwalk everytime given the choice. One time I sent her into the tunnel and she was half way in and then turned around and ran up the dogwalk. Little S**t.:lol:

Congrats on Edan's Qs . Hope you get some more today.

Don't worry about Che, he is a baby dog and just needs some experience with the whole trial thing. You get them next time.:smile2:
 
Back
Top