Well we just made it back home from Minnesota. (It rained, then froze and the winds were crazy, but we made it home - I knew the weather was going to be bad before I left BUT this was our 1st ever trial so NOTHING was going to stop us)
Well we had a blast I have to say. The people were sooooooooo friendly and supporative, and very accomadating. It was very welcoming, especially for a newbie like me.
So, Friday, Chinook and Maia were entered in 4 runs: Hoopers, Jumpers, Tunnelers and Touch'n'Go.
Chinook got three Q's that day and placed either 1 or 2nd in his class (he was in the 12" skilled division due to his hip) We did not Q in Touch'n'Go because he refused to do the dog walk and would take the tunnel. I tried three times to get him to do the dog walk, and when he still did not, I thanked the judge and took him of the course, so we got an E.
Maia got two Q's that day and placed 2nd in both. She took an extra hoop (hence no Q) right at the end of a clean, beautiful run (I think I might have inadvertantly sent her, but I'm not sure and I had no one taping us so will never know) Then in Touch'n'Go, she would not take the tunnel but would take the dog walk (she has a love affair with the dog walk), so we did not Q there either.
BUT Maia's first ever jumpers run was just beautiful (in my humble opinion - well we did get quite a few compliments on it as we walked back to her crate) "THIS IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO FEEL LIKE" I was on cloud nine. The run was smooth, clean and fast. She finished it in just over 18 seconds. We worked as a team. THis was caught on tape I believe so if I can get it I will post it.
Now, day 2. They both had two runs, Jumpers and Touch'n'Go. Chinook Qd both times and placed 2nd and 3rd and Maia, Q'd in Touch'n'Go and dropped a bar in the jumpers run so no Q there (THAT was ALL MY FAULT and I mean ALL my fault) I did a stupid front cross in the wrong place and cut her off and she could not recover in time to take the jump cleanly. Bad mama
Overall, we had a blast for our first time out. And we got pictures!!!!!!! There was a photographer there, so I ordered a CD, and a couple of collages and crate tags too

Here are the links to their photos if anyone is interested:
Chinook:
http://greatdanephotos.com/store/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=20650
Maia:
http://greatdanephotos.com/store/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=20710
OK, ok, I am still grinning from ear to ear. I know not all of our trials will go like this, but I could not have asked for a better start.
(sorry about the long post

)