New Years Trials

our agility trial was a failure.... Che decided that large field space with all that stuff was perfect playground...
so I am asking him now like that agility dog video xtreme "why is that you are perfect in class but seems to forget everything I taught you at the trial?"
I swear I was not smelling funny and my voice was not shrilly:lol:

I had to laugh when I read this. It's so true (just like that video that was posted on the other thread!)
Can you blame little Che? Really - that is soooo tempting - a huge field, dogs and new smells etc. I'm sure he had a great time! :wink2:
 
Well, we did not fair any better.Sting did well but no Q's.The trial started at 10 am and we signed up for 5 classes and we ran 3 and blew off the last 2 classes.It was a one ring trial and was suppose to be over by 6 the latest and from I heard ended at 930 tonight and the same on Fri. also.The trial site is and hour from my house.It was my second and last ever NADAC trial.Never again.They dont have the chute, the see saw, or the tire.I did not like that at all.Give me AKC or USDAA over any of these other venues.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good time. Too bad it went so late. That would be frustrating and make for a very long day. :(
 
We had a decent day...did get one standard Q (can you believe it?!) and Bentley got his AAD (Advanced Agility Title) which means he moves to Masters everything (eek!) starting at our next trial. I was very proud of him for that.

But, he did have some not so great (and frustrating!) things. I think he refused the weaves a couple times, and he refused the tunnel once which cost us a Masters Jumpers Q. Why do I have the only dog that doesn't love tunnels? :lol:

Congratulations Bentley!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment for the both of you. So Masters in everything now! WOW!!!
 
Well, we did not fair any better.Sting did well but no Q's.The trial started at 10 am and we signed up for 5 classes and we ran 3 and blew off the last 2 classes.It was a one ring trial and was suppose to be over by 6 the latest and from I heard ended at 930 tonight and the same on Fri. also.The trial site is and hour from my house.It was my second and last ever NADAC trial.Never again.They dont have the chute, the see saw, or the tire.I did not like that at all.Give me AKC or USDAA over any of these other venues.

That's definitely a way to turn you, or anyone, off of NADAC. For us, we start at 8am and end around 4ish. If the judge takes a lunch break, usually 5ish. So it's weird they said 10-6. Granted, I know the last trial I went to, was very small and we STILL ran late. Not sure why. Probably depends on the workers too.

Didn't you know they don't have the chute, teeter, and tire? That's why I always suggest it to beginners, it's got the easier obstacles. NADAC is also made for speed, and those 3 things can slow a dog down or hurt them. I know that's why the tire isn't in there.

Sorry you had such a horrible experience with NADAC. Looks like I may be trying out USDAA in Feb.
 
Congrats on your ADD.

Diva doesn't love tunnels either. We were working on discrimination between the tunnel and the dogwalk last week in class and she would take the dogwalk everytime given the choice. One time I sent her into the tunnel and she was half way in and then turned around and ran up the dogwalk. Little S**t.:lol:

That's my Maia exactly!!!!!! We did not Q in Touch'n'Go on Friday because she did exactly that! I even stepped right infront of the dog walk twice and she jumped my leg to get on the dog walk and not into the tunnel!! (and then there's Chinook, who did the exact opposite! :lol:)
 
That's why I always suggest it to beginners, it's got the easier obstacles. NADAC is also made for speed, and those 3 things can slow a dog down or hurt them. I know that's why the tire isn't in there.

That is why I chose NADAC as my first trial, and will probably try a few other NADAC trial before I think I will be 'ready' for some of the other venues like AAC or USDAA. They scare me and I know we are not ready and will not be for a while. But I know we can play NADAC in the mean time. And Maia is fast, so it's nice to get her to all out run. I guess each venue is different and will appeal to different handlers and dogs. One day, I will try the other venues, but not yet.
 
We had a decent day...did get one standard Q (can you believe it?!) and Bentley got his AAD (Advanced Agility Title) which means he moves to Masters everything (eek!) starting at our next trial. I was very proud of him for that.

Wooooohooooo!!! Congratulations on finally getting that last Advanced Standard Q. Bentley is an agility master now. :biggrin2:
 
That's definitely a way to turn you, or anyone, off of NADAC. For us, we start at 8am and end around 4ish. If the judge takes a lunch break, usually 5ish. So it's weird they said 10-6. Granted, I know the last trial I went to, was very small and we STILL ran late. Not sure why. Probably depends on the workers too.

Didn't you know they don't have the chute, teeter, and tire? That's why I always suggest it to beginners, it's got the easier obstacles. NADAC is also made for speed, and those 3 things can slow a dog down or hurt them. I know that's why the tire isn't in there.

Sorry you had such a horrible experience with NADAC. Looks like I may be trying out USDAA in Feb.

I did a NADAC trial once with Shadow when he was younger and they had the tire and I remember Shadow crashing it.Erin did some NADAC with him also.I knew they did not have the seesaw.It ran late because it started late and they did not expect it to fill either but it did.It was a great experience for Sting though and good for training.All said and done I won't do one again .I saw some really sloppy handling and alot of airplane hands but then I saw a lady with a mutt that had distant and was fabulous and the mutt was kicking butt.If I could have gotten into the AKC this past weekend I would have done that one.
 
Back
Top