Off to the Vet we go....

Prayers going out for McKinley's total and speedy recovery. Mally had Lyme Disease and that was the medicine he was on. It did the trick. Mark my words, he will be "mess making" again soon.
 
Hi Ron and Jan and McKinley. I just plugged in the computer here in Maine, and am catching up. Poor boy!! And with a birthday just around the corner, he'll want to feel better FAST.
This is a great reminder to all our doggie owners to take your pups temperature right away when you feel they are acting off. Also, if you need to call the vet, it is really helpful to them to know his temp. along with symptoms. 100.5F -101.5F is normal. Just remember to take a permanent marker and write "D-O-G" on it, as that thermometer now belongs to him!
 
AH poor McKinley. Hopefully he'll be back to normal in no time. Pike had it and he was almost back to nothing after 2 doses of Doxy.
 
I'm hoping by the time you read this that MMM is feeling better and back to his old self! Here's hoping he has a wonderful birthday celebration and is back to his old tricks...:wink2:
 
hmm, Che wound not let me check his temp... and I have an ear, expensive one and regular... I do know when he has fever I just do not know how high, though...
I hope MMM is much better today, those ticks scare the ... out of me and I check Che every time he runs in the field but it is really tough to see with even that little of the hair that Che has...
do not forget to give him extra yogurt or any other product that has acidophilius bacteria in it. Any antibiotics will flush out good flora from digestive system and needs to be refilled
 
Mischief and Mayhem

MMM is up and full of spit and vinegar this morning.

He did his security rounds right after breakies like normal. He is proud to report all squirrels and cats have been escorted off the property and he was up to his morning constitution (walk) with us.

He is downstairs getting his pear pieces from Ron and then he is going to take a nap. We are adding low sodium beef broth to his water to make sure he is drinking plenty and he always gets yogurt on Wednesday night anyway, but I think maybe I will go ahead and give it an extra few days.

Yes, I have a BIG D on the doggie thermometer.:dead::dead: And I keep in with his kit of stuff.

Thank you all for kind thoughts and prayers. Boy I hate it when the little guys get sick. I think human kids are easier to diagnose on your own, because they can talk to you and tell you where they hurt. I feel like I am just guessing with the pups!
 
He is on a fever and pain reducer. So yes, the fever is down, but I can't say that it wouldn't go back up, if I were to take him off that pill.

I have 4 of the fever reducer and am to give all 4. Tonight will be the last one and we will see if his fever stays down tomorrow and if it doesn't then it is a Friday and I can get him back into the vet without an emergency visit.
 
Back
Top