On the waiting list...

melbell

Forums Enthusiast
So, we found out Thursday before our wedding (6/28) that my now husband got a teaching job in Erie, PA. I always promised hubby that if we moved back to PA I'd get us on a waiting list for a puppy. Our breeder of Ruutu is planning a breeding of the same mother and father soon. She's just waiting for the momma to come in heat (which will be any day now...) Sooooo we're on the list! We are the first ones who want a boy, so first dibs :cool: Now to wait for the mommma to get pregnant and see how many she got. The only other person on the list is the breeder herself, who wants a girl. Yay for waiting!! Ruutu literally will get to have his brother :smile2:

This is what happens when my husband decides he wants to do Agility and I retire Honey at the same time. Who says two shelties is enough....So hopefully come November we'll be adding a new little fellow into our clan :) We're hoping for a big blue merle male. We'll see! Last time we wanted a female blue merle, but breeder kept the only one and we ended up with a tri male. I think no matter what, we'll be going for blue merle. If only females, we'll take it and neuter Ruutu. Definitely want the big one of the litter though.. I don't think small shelties were made for us. If Ruutu could understand "puppy" I know he'd be so excited. He loves to play with my parent's bi-blue who is the same age as him.

Honey however, understands "puppy" and gave me the death look. She'll deal. :biggrin2: Hopefully they learn to leave her alone and to play with each other.
 
Congrat's on the wedding! Congrat's on the teaching job! AND congrat's on the future puppy!

I Melli can deal and Shay can play and three can work HERE, you totally can do it too! Fingers crossed a BIG puppy bun will be baking in the oven just for you!
 
Big Congrats on everything:yes:
yes, it's likely the younger two will play and leave Honey alone.
that is what happened when I brought Dixie home to play with Cranberry so Callie could have some peace.....

now that all four are under 5 yrs, there is much playing, running and wrestling:pop
 
Big Congrats on everything:yes:
yes, it's likely the younger two will play and leave Honey alone.
that is what happened when I brought Dixie home to play with Cranberry so Callie could have some peace.....

now that all four are under 5 yrs, there is much playing, running and wrestling:pop
Thank you!!

I think we'll be done after this for a while :yes:. I just feel bad that he's into dog training and classes and showing and yet he has to just watch us since we don't have a dog he can train. I was going to drop Honey to preferred so he could show her, but at our last show she didn't look too pretty and I figured I might as well let her enjoy her old ages.

The nice thing is we already have a place to live which his parents own and they're cool with us getting a puppy while there. We'll be at that place until we find a home. I'll be making a fence of my own or installing one, depending if they want a permanent one.
 
Congrat's on the wedding! Congrat's on the teaching job! AND congrat's on the future puppy!

I Melli can deal and Shay can play and three can work HERE, you totally can do it too! Fingers crossed a BIG puppy bun will be baking in the oven just for you!

Thank you!! It's been crazy. I'm glad pups won't be 8 weeks til mid-November. It gives us some time to settle and relax then enjoy puppy mode. :biggrin2: This will mark the 2nd time we move on my husband's birthday in 2 years. I hope this doesn't become a pattern though. :lol:

Honey will play tug with Ruutu and share her time with him, but she just doesn't like the puppy stage of being climbed all over and pestered. She likes things on her own clock and only then. Ruutu actually plays nice with Honey and lets her win. He's 18 3/4ths inches to her 15 1/2 so could easily take her. He also has her by 10 pounds. Gotta love the big ones!
 
Last edited:
First off, congrats on getting on your breeder's list. I'm excited for you.

Second... You're moving back to Western PA!? YEAH! We'll have to find a way to get together.
 
First off, congrats on getting on your breeder's list. I'm excited for you.

Second... You're moving back to Western PA!? YEAH! We'll have to find a way to get together.
Thanks!

I'm soooo excited to get back to PA! Do you do any of the Countryside Agility shows in Edinboro? I'm pretty sure we'll be hitting those up all the time since we'll be right there. Thank god for no hour drive one way to classes now! Everyone is trying hard to get me to do the Labor Day weekend show in Latrobe... we'll see. It depends on if I get him into class quick or not. I practiced with him last Monday and he did really well, but would hate to show him without fresh practice. We haven't done classes since May due to wedding and now doggies are currently in PA with my parents until My brother's wedding which is mid-July.
 
Last edited:
Awww, great news all around! A wedding and an upcoming puppy...what more could anyone ask for? Congratulations!!!!!! :smile2:

You could always try spelling "p-u-p-p-y" when Honey is within hearing distance so you don't get the death stare...but I have found that Shelties learn to id spelled words way too fast!

Trini
 
Thanks!

I'm soooo excited to get back to PA! Do you do any of the Countryside Agility shows in Edinboro? I'm pretty sure we'll be hitting those up all the time since we'll be right there.

No, I've never been up there.

I've heard Countryside is moving to a new location since the old mall they were in is being torn down. I think they are building a facility, not 100% certain on that though.

Everyone is trying hard to get me to do the Labor Day weekend show in Latrobe... we'll see. It depends on if I get him into class quick or not

I'm entering the WCOTC show in Latrobe over Labor Day weekend. It would be great if you were there! I can understand wanting to do some training before hand.
 
No, I've never been up there.

I've heard Countryside is moving to a new location since the old mall they were in is being torn down. I think they are building a facility, not 100% certain on that though.



I'm entering the WCOTC show in Latrobe over Labor Day weekend. It would be great if you were there! I can understand wanting to do some training before hand.
I have a feeling we'll be there since WCOTC is my dog club I grew up with (my parents are founders) I just don't know if I'll be showing... I'll probably be convinced into it though. If anything, it's practice. I e-mailed Countryside right after I typed the last reply.. we'll see! I know they're moving, but no one has told me where. Hopefully it'll be bigger, dodging polls was never a good idea for me.
 
Back
Top