Piper's mom
Moderator
Yes Piper definitely requires a lot of help (mostly holding the bowl and using the spoon. He kinda starting to try to scoop with his tongue and use the roof of his mouth to pull it towards the back. I think he’s just beginning to realize he can still chew with the back teeth.I did A LOT of yogurt with Gavin when he was recovering.....mixed in his kibble. I used disposable gloves and hand fed him. I also have dental bibs (it was messy). He was a 2 pieces of kibble at a time guy. anymore and he would spit it out. I felt so awful for him...never knowing if it would get better. But it did. But he got used to the special treatment. I remember he would eat laying down on his side, with his snout in the little dog food bowl I would put in his bed for him.... Still miss my sweet boy.
It’s definitely messy business and I need to get or make a few bibs for him! I’m not a sewer but they’re hardly complicated and I do have a sewing machine.
He’s got a bit of food still stuck in his fur from yesterday and this morning and a bit of blood even though I tried to clean him up. I don’t want to pull too much on his fur under his jaw area.
I think I’ll rig something up for later with a tea towel and elastic/safety pins. I’ll McGyver it lol!
He is very hungry and just ate some more food…he ate maybe 1/2 a serving, takes him awhile because he has to drink the liquid first and then work on the soft food. Now he’s resting beside me…