Piper update

Here’s a short video I took this morning…I was trying to show how good he’s getting at eating but it was just too hard to hold the bowl in one hand and my phone in the other. Plus he’s constantly moving into me so it was impossible to do lol. It does however show how much jaw he lost. It’s not gross or anything, just a warning if it might bother you. And it’s still Piper…
And I did speak to my vet, she decreased the time between doses of the gabapentin to every 6 hours but said it would make him more drowsy. Better than being in pain though!
https://youtube.com/shorts/IEkIjwrZkgc?si=SUjp6R0TUBYOsCsk
 
Oh my..how does Piper keep his tongue in his mouth?
I have to admit, when I was handfeeding Gavin it was kinda sweet even if it did take a long time.
It really was a bonding experience (one of many over the years, I admit).

Once you have a routine and accommodations down it will be like it was always that way...
 
Oh my..how does Piper keep his tongue in his mouth?
I have to admit, when I was handfeeding Gavin it was kinda sweet even if it did take a long time.
It really was a bonding experience (one of many over the years, I admit).

Once you have a routine and accommodations down it will be like it was always that way...
Well it does hang out most of the time.

I tried something today, I’d cooked some sweet potatoes (they were in chunks) and I then cut into smaller pieces and I was able to put the small piece directly into his mouth (I had him looking up towards me). He chewed and swallowed. So now I can give him smaller pieces (I made meatballs for him) so maybe 1/2 a meatball or the pill popper I made as opposed to just mush.
 
I’ll work on that for you Cindy! It’s actually hanging out most of the time. Earlier today I:saw it was hanging out and I touched it and he didn’t even try to pull it in:ROFLMAO:. I don’t think he really notices it. It’s out more when he’s been sleeping and just wakes up.
It’s actually getting easier and we’re only 3 days in. It’s good to know I can now give him treats, he really expects a cookie when when comes in after a pee!

And you’re right…it’s totally a bonding experience. I don’t mind helping him eat, I’d do anything for him. I love how he trusts me and we work together to get the food in his mouth.

I guess I can get rid of my set of dumbbells…I don’t see them getting any use.
 
Back
Top