Pomsky???

Han&Bon

Forums Regular
Okay I know we've been down this discussion before but did anyone miss the Pomsky craze in the last few weeks on facebook? I'm sure I saw it 4-5 times and everyone was talking about it. I'm not actually convinced this picture isn't just a husky puppy but its seems there are some of this crossbreed out there. Well I was just look on Gumtree (Australia's version of Craigslist - its a yuck place to look at but I redirected a sheltie searcher to the purebred website) and there is a ton of posts of people with wanted ads for Pomsky's. :eek2::uhoh::gaah
I really hope this kind of cross doesn't make it to Australia. I am just imagining all the health problems these little puppies will end up with.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2735.395433.34143592734&type=1&theaterhttp://

Someone I know has a lovely little cav/poodle sadly at 7 months he already has hip dyspasia (or at least his hips pop in and out :( ). Two other friends have a lovely pair of cav/poodles, just crossing my fingers they are okay.
 
I'm glad to know that she isn't a pom/husky mix. That sounds like a terrible combination.

But what DID catch my attention was one of the replies to this picture. It said "I wanna breed an American Bulldog with a ****zue. I'd call it an American Bulls*** and name it Congress". This is exactly what I was talking about a wile back, people making MUTTS for a cute name (or IMO a stupid one). I don't know if this person was serious or if she was just trying to make a joke. Either way, I don't find it funny at all.:mad:
 
TBH I really want a pomsky. It's the perfect mix of the dogs I want to own some day, but in tiny version. That being said, I do also know that picture is a husky pup. Still makes me want a husky though... and one day I'll own one... when I have high fences :yes:
 
I'm glad to know that she isn't a pom/husky mix. That sounds like a terrible combination.

But what DID catch my attention was one of the replies to this picture. It said "I wanna breed an American Bulldog with a ****zue. I'd call it an American Bulls*** and name it Congress". This is exactly what I was talking about a wile back, people making MUTTS for a cute name (or IMO a stupid one). I don't know if this person was serious or if she was just trying to make a joke. Either way, I don't find it funny at all.:mad:
Okay, I have to admit... that's hilarious. Not that I want those two mixed, but it is a really funny joke. :lol:
 
These come from Pinterest. People are captioning things all kinds of ways that are ridiculous. It's like the shelters making up odd combinations to make the dog seem more than a mutt. Right, that really is a Swedish Elkhound mixed with a chihuahua in Fresno. Not even.

Heck. I have a rare Bobtail German McShepherd according to them (he's a MUTT --German Shepherd mixed with McNab bred in the orchards -- I know because the two parents and a litter of siblings were caught by animal control 6 or 8 months after my baby was plucked off the street near the orchards). I put my boy's pic up on Pinterest and ended up with a few "yes please"'s on the Bobtail German McShepherd. Guh.

The Bulls*** breeding really is a joke. However, the shelter my dog came from got a litter of bulldog x aussie (baussies). CUTE puppies. Rangy aussie-like adults.

I don't agree either with designer dogs and sites that say they will get you or make you anything you want. Breeding should be done to better the breed by dedicated folk who understand genetics and invest time, money, study, and professionalism.
 
Last edited:
TBH I really want a pomsky. It's the perfect mix of the dogs I want to own some day, but in tiny version. That being said, I do also know that picture is a husky pup. Still makes me want a husky though... and one day I'll own one... when I have high fences :yes:

It's actually a Finnish Lapphund puppy, not a Husky. And if you bred a Pom and a Husky they wouldn't be tiny. They would mostly be a medium sized dog.
 
ok, I confess...
I have a "shaussie" AKA Tessa:eek2:
Tessa was not a planned breeding, in fact she was sold as full AKC, with papers...
as she got older, she did not look full sheltie, like her sister and littermate Kayla.
I remembered the breeder also bred mini aussies. long story short...had them DNA'ed and turns out, Kayla and Tessa's mama had a one night stand with a fence climbing mini aussie.
so I made up the name "shaussie"
would I want to see more Tessas....no nope notta.
love her dearly, but 1 shaussie is enough:rolleyes2:
 
Hannah, your link didn't work.:no: It could be my computer though, is anyone else having the same problem?
 
Back
Top