Pomsky???

I have a Pomtie or maybe he's a Sheltaranian, ROFL.....he was a rescue from the shelter. But we're almost positive that's his mix. Thank goodness his personality is ALL Sheltie.
 
We call Huckleberry a Corgle -- Corgi/Beagle mix. It's fun to make up names when you get a mutt. But still, he's a mutt, period.
 
Adorable pup, but I bet if he/she was in Petland they would ask $1500 for a mutt and call the dog something fancy swanzie. Oh sure and registered CKC.

Honestly some people are fooled and will pay that amt. They have no idea what CKC means and its not Canadian Kennel Club. As we all know. I know people who bought and thought they were getting the real deal. I mumble under my breath.
 
It's actually a Finnish Lapphund puppy, not a Husky. And if you bred a Pom and a Husky they wouldn't be tiny. They would mostly be a medium sized dog.
really? I got told it was just a husky pup. :confused2: dang people. :lol: Medium size I can handle... big size climbing over fences.. not til I get a BIG fence. I told my mom if I magically get a big fence, she can have her afgan she always wanted.
 
Isn't that similar to the alleged "mini shelties" and "mini golden retrievers". I thought taking any breed of dog and breeding it down to a smaller size caused health problems like in shelties.:confused2:

if you go to the site and read the history, you will see that it's not a breeding of small Siberian huskies to smaller Siberian huskies though Siberian huskies were used in the development- sort of like the collie in shelties.
It actually sounds a lot like sheltie development- existing small dog bred selectively to certain other breeds to develop desired dog.....
 
if you go to the site and read the history, you will see that it's not a breeding of small Siberian huskies to smaller Siberian huskies though Siberian huskies were used in the development- sort of like the collie in shelties.
It actually sounds a lot like sheltie development- existing small dog bred selectively to certain other breeds to develop desired dog.....

Thank you for telling me this Calliesmom, that's why I love SN, you can learn SO much here.:yes:
 
I think I may have posted this already on a different thread....if so I apologize...

I came across this website last week and was frankly appalled!

Don't get me wrong....I've nothing against mixed breeds

But to present them as something to be "registered" as if a purebred line?

I'm thinking about speaking out against it, but I'm not a true militant, and I've not a lot of time to take on causes. But maybe one of you wants to take this on????

designer canine registry

I don't think its a joking matter.....I think it perpetuates puppy mills and indiscrimate breeding
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top