Problems with the new but old dog...

He was being a guy, "no skin broke shake it off" Not saying it is right or wrong just that he does not 'get' your outlook. If the little varmint had bitten me I would have had war then and there :lol: But it is partially a guy/gal thinking difference. I have had dogs attempt to bite me before including a Dalmation that I chopped his mouth then carried on the conversation with the owner (I was trying to get him to take the newspaper and he did :eek2:)

You do need to get some resolution going or the issue might escalate beyond repair. The dog is being bossy and when you don't operate by 'its rules' it decided to take. It would have been a good time to continue but ONLY give Mikos treats and ignore the beast as punishment (though I understand why you did not)

One thing you might try to do is look for progress and a bit less at the failures (like this one). This dog will not be cured in a week. Think of it as you would a rescue in many ways. It might shift your dislike some and that MAY help his attitude a bit. And in the end if that works everyone benefits including the little beasty.
 
Back
Top