Puppies on the way?

I gotta say, though - when I went to pick out my puppy, there was a female color headed white and a male bi blue available. I knew I wanted a girl - but that little bi blue was SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I really, really wanted him. But in the end, the breeder thought that the female had a better structure for agility, and that she and I were a better match, temperament wise. So I went with the female - and thank goodness I did. Spirit Joy is PERFECT for me. So, I'm just saying - even though looks can be hugely important, stay open to the breeder's suggestions and insight as well :-)
 
I gotta say, though - when I went to pick out my puppy, there was a female color headed white and a male bi blue available. I knew I wanted a girl - but that little bi blue was SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I really, really wanted him. But in the end, the breeder thought that the female had a better structure for agility, and that she and I were a better match, temperament wise. So I went with the female - and thank goodness I did. Spirit Joy is PERFECT for me. So, I'm just saying - even though looks can be hugely important, stay open to the breeder's suggestions and insight as well :)
100% YES. I wanted a Blue Merle when I got Sca. Sca is perfect for me. Again I wanted a Blue Merle or Bi Blue and well I got Spitfire so maybe looks matter (just kidding he is my buddy despite being insane). Temperament is a LOT more important than color or even size unless you are planning confirmation shows.

Oh and despite my picking on the Spitfire I still think he could be awesome at agility if we did it.
 
I gotta say, though - when I went to pick out my puppy, there was a female color headed white and a male bi blue available. I knew I wanted a girl - but that little bi blue was SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I really, really wanted him. But in the end, the breeder thought that the female had a better structure for agility, and that she and I were a better match, temperament wise. So I went with the female - and thank goodness I did. Spirit Joy is PERFECT for me. So, I'm just saying - even though looks can be hugely important, stay open to the breeder's suggestions and insight as well :)

Very good advice, I will gladly follow it! I already told her up front that I wanted her input, she knows her line much better than I ever could. Anyway, when it comes down to it I have a feeling that the pup will pick me. That has seemed to happen anytime I've ever gone to get a puppy.

I also have a feeling that the pup is going to be bad, haha. I don't know why, but I'm afraid I'll end up with terror on earth. Which would be totally unfair because my male Shiba is already a "problem child", so I think I deserve a break. :rolleyes2: :fl

I would LOVE a bi-blue too! They are stunning. But yes, their temperament and soundness for performance comes first!

Oh and despite my picking on the Spitfire I still think he could be awesome at agility if we did it.

DO IT. Then I'd at least sort of know one person who does it too, haha.
 
Very good advice, I will gladly follow it! I already told her up front that I wanted her input, she knows her line much better than I ever could. Anyway, when it comes down to it I have a feeling that the pup will pick me. That has seemed to happen anytime I've ever gone to get a puppy.

I also have a feeling that the pup is going to be bad, haha. I don't know why, but I'm afraid I'll end up with terror on earth. Which would be totally unfair because my male Shiba is already a "problem child", so I think I deserve a break. :rolleyes2: :fl

I would LOVE a bi-blue too! They are stunning. But yes, their temperament and soundness for performance comes first!



DO IT. Then I'd at least sort of know one person who does it too, haha.
We do agility! It's our favorite thing to do :-)
 
Oh and when you get closer keep an eye open. There is multiple Agility Tournaments held at the Agribition Center off of Moores Mill every year. Probably no more until fall though.
 
The team tells me that and get a puppy (now that Spitfire has failed as a height dog) But between chores, racing Sca and my motorcycles there is no time for agility until I win the lottery.

Sounds like you need to do less chores. :rolleyes2:

We do agility! It's our favorite thing to do :)

Move to Alabama! :biggrin2:

Oh and when you get closer keep an eye open. There is multiple Agility Tournaments held at the Agribition Center off of Moores Mill every year. Probably no more until fall though.

I think there's one in October? I saw it on HOTC's website. I'll definitely be going to that.
 
I'd love to see him as a puppy to compare. I spent part of last night looking at pictures of breeders that have puppy pictures of their current dogs, and trying to compare how much white was left. I know it can disappear LOL. Surprisingly, in many cases it seemed to stay close to the same. But I'm wondering if these pups will lose their white.

Small puppies with wide blazes do get a bit smaller as their heads grow, but they don't go away. The only ones that disappear are very narrow blazes, and even they don't go entirely. Sprite had a narrow blaze as a puppy and now there's hardly any sign of it left. (See pics: 8 weeks, 13 weeks, and 12 months) Which is fine with me because I love the plain faces. And I have five with blazes!
 

Attachments

  • Sprite Arrives.JPG
    Sprite Arrives.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Sprite 13 Wks.JPG
    Sprite 13 Wks.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Sprite - June.JPG
    Sprite - June.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top